• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 707 to Southeastern Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class 466

Established Member
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Recessio

Is training back on? Thought there were issues with multiple people in cabs due to Covid?

brad465

Established Member
I suspect the 707 fleet will replace the 465/2s and all of the two cars. Numbers add up perfectly.

465235 to 465250 is sixteen four car units which totals 64 carriages. Then you’ve got 43 two cars which is 86 more.

64 + 86 = 150
707s really are needed for capacity enhancement. While some Networkers might go to make some space, they shouldn't be making a like-for-like carriage number replacement as that defeats the purpose of trying to improve network capacity.
That plan doesn't free up enough units to work branches surely? Plus it reduces quite a few diagrams from 10 to 8 car. The 466s would still be required in ordinary times.
If any units do go 466s would be the best candidate: their PRM compliance is lower that the 465s and if 10 cars are needed the 376s and 707s will cover them off, allowing 465s to be dedicated to more 8 and 12 formations.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
They have managed to secure Lateral Flow Tests, so they have had special permission to go ahead.
Southeastern I believe have to do two tests, and if both come back negative you stay at work.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Southeastern I believe have to do two tests, and if both come back negative you stay at work.

SE have only been doing one test and only the people directly involved in training. Even then only at specific times. If they have got lateral flow tests available it is brand new. Training at SE has been suspended and no DIs have Trainees at the moment. If they have lateral flow test that could mean that training can finally restart. Many Trainees are chomping at the bit to continue.

P790TP

SE have only been doing one test and only the people directly involved in training. Even then only at specific times. If they have got lateral flow tests available it is brand new. Training at SE has been suspended and no DIs have Trainees at the moment. If they have lateral flow test that could mean that training can finally restart. Many Trainees are chomping at the bit to continue.
The lateral flow tests only arrived today and are for the drivers in the 707 team, so testing and training in that team can go ahead. As above, SE have suspended DIs having trainees, until the lateral flow tests are fully distributed.

OTRail

I would’ve thought it would be the white livery to match the rest of the metro fleet... wonder if this means SE are planning a repaint for the 376s and Networkers?

Goldfish62

Established Member
I would’ve thought it would be the white livery to match the rest of the metro fleet... wonder if this means SE are planning a repaint for the 376s and Networkers?
As I've said previously, isn't the reason the Metro fleet is white simply because it hasn't been through the paint/vinyl shop since the blue livery was established? The 376s, for example, are still in Connex livery.

SE themselves showed an image of a blue 707 earlier this year.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but will the 707s have a new livery?
You only need to go a few pages back in this thread and just about every livery possibility is aired, with no sure evidence for anything...

Nicholas Lewis

Established Member
The industry shouldn't spending money on repaints in the current environment and really the TOCs are just management companies now. So in this case its a government sponsored service operated by London & South Eastern Railway Limited.

5Q05 1352 Ashford Down Yd Washer Rd - Sevenoaks has arrived at Sevenoaks (707 003/004) and is about to head back to Ashford as 5Q06

RichJF

One of the Kent based YouTubers I follow caught a vid of them running through Pluckley earlier on the training run.

brad465

Established Member
Are the runs to/from Ashford going up to 100mph? I imagine they won't be operating any passenger services at that speed given where they're likely to operate, but as their current testing range has that top line speed the option is there at the moment.

P790TP

Are the runs to/from Ashford going up to 100mph? I imagine they won't be operating any passenger services at that speed given where they're likely to operate, but as their current testing range has that top line speed the option is there at the moment.
Yes, the run yesterday got up to 100mph.

ComUtoR

Established Member
Any metro drivers on those will get a nose bleed...

A surprising number of Metro Drivers get to 100mph and do a fair bit of Mainline work. Not forgetting that the ones who had previous 700 experience we over river on 100mph lines

theageofthetra

On Moderation
One aspect to consider is that as far as I know the 376's have had no refurbishment other than routine maintenance since they started.

It would seem to make sense to me that you send one 376 away for a full refurb (ideally with Aircon fitted) and replace it with a 707?

Chiltern006

not sure if anyone hasn't seen but SE put an article about the 707s in their summer on board magazine, and essentially confirms they'll get the blue livery

Attachments

• IMG-20210118-WA0031.jpeg
    IMG-20210118-WA0031.jpeg
    500.4 KB · Views: 175

Chiltern006

multiple staff members i know said "they'll get the blue livery to match with the 375s and the 395s"

when did the 465s get their new livery?

Mikey C

Established Member
The plan might be for them to be painted blue, but it'll hardly be a pressing priority! After all they've made no effort to paint their Networkers or 376s blue, not even the 465/9s

Chiltern006

tbf se don't give a toss about the 376s aha

465s may not have been repainted into full blue as they've been put in a new livery within the last 10 years iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.