• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 710 LO

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

greatkingrat

Established Member

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Crickey. Thats a 5 car 710 that would not be expected to stray off the North London line (but currently dominating the Watford-Euston line). It is supposed to release 378s to the East London line not go there itself !. I suppose London Bridge could be an alternative destination for Crystal Palace or West Croydon if the ELR core is stuffed ?.

Now where was that rumour I saw about extra TfL ELR services not necessarily going through the tunnel to Dalston Junction and beyond.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Crickey. Thats a 5 car 710 that would not be expected to stray off the North London line (but currently dominating the Watford-Euston line). It is supposed to release 378s to the East London line not go there itself !. I suppose London Bridge could be an alternative destination for Crystal Palace or West Croydon if the ELR core is stuffed ?.

Now where was that rumour I saw about extra TfL ELR services not necessarily going through the tunnel to Dalston Junction and beyond.
Two places.
This is one about engineering work:
Theres another discussion about TfL running additional services into London Bridge:

Samzino

There’s a Southern 455 in the background which suggests it may be an old image.
Which is all the more surprising for me as I never knew it came that far even for mile accumulation and it must have passed a few LO stations like New Cross Gate, Brockley etc.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Which is all the more surprising for me as I never knew it came that far even for mile accumulation and it must have passed a few LO stations like New Cross Gate, Brockley etc.
I think there was a requirement to some high speed testing on DC power (higher than you can do on the Watford line anyway).

Samzino

There was discussion about a 710 based at Gatwick for a few days for tests up and down the Brighton line, it was covered in this thread back in late May 2021, around page #85.
I actually remember that one now, was one of the first youtube videos I saw of it outside of its mainstay.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Thank you; thought that might be the case.

Is 710 270 still on the Goblin at the moment?
No idea re 270 unfortunately. Gospel Oak a good bet. I tended to hang around Willesden Junction until the Wat-Eus repeats (couple of hours), get what I could off the depot than go to Gospel Oak. Its mainly 710/3s on Wat-Eus mind.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
No idea re 270 unfortunately. Gospel Oak a good bet. I tended to hang around Willesden Junction until the Wat-Eus repeats (couple of hours), get what I could off the depot than go to Gospel Oak. Its mainly 710/3s on Wat-Eus mind.
Thanks... I might have a look ( I'm supposed to be out shopping... )

Business Bob

Thank you; thought that might be the case.

Is 710 270 still on the Goblin at the moment?
Yes... it spent the night at East Ham, today on the GOBs and I've just dropped it off at Willesden.

Is there any sign of activity with 710 374 yet?

It seems to be the only one not yet in service...
Seems to spend most of its time in the shed at Willesden atm.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I'm guessing that as nobody reported 710 374 out yesterday, it won't be today as it's unlikely they'll introduce something on a bank holiday. Which would imply no earlier than Tuesday now?

As for 710 270 - try the Goblin; it seems to have spent most of its time so far on that one.

Covshire1

I'm guessing that as nobody reported 710 374 out yesterday, it won't be today as it's unlikely they'll introduce something on a bank holiday. Which would imply no earlier than Tuesday now?

As for 710 270 - try the Goblin; it seems to have spent most of its time so far on that one.
270 + 374 were both sat outside Willesden yesterday afternoon.

bnsf734

Don’t know if you are aware but there’s only Euston to Watford DC lines running.

No LNWR or Avanti due to track renewals between Euston and Watford.

As it turned out 710270 was on the the Gospel Oak - Barking Riverside service today, and was had by my 2 mates just before everybody was tipped off it at Woodgrange Park (they're not sure why), I was elsewhere and by the time I got to Barking a C2C 357 unit had damaged the overhead from Barking Platform 8 and the service was in tatters. Nor more Barking Riversides could run and the Goblin was using platform 1 at Barking, when it wasn't cancelled. C2C services to Liverpool Street could not run as the damaged overhead meant they could not get on the correct track so services were running to Fenchurch Street instead and overloading that station.

710270 lives for another day.