• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Upperthorpe and Killamarsh

I think we continued on the wrong line
Actually, I've no clue. I'm going to refrain from posting until @Paul Sidorczuk comes back and clarifies the current position

ADJUDICATION ON RECENT EVENTS

1).....NORTH MIDLAND RAILWAY

Posting # 64631 of Sandal and Walton was correct and needs to be reinstated
Posting # 64633 of Cudworth was correct and needs to be reinstated
Posting # 64635 of Darfield (1st station) was correct and needs to be reinstated

GENERAL INFORMATION:-

There were two closed stations in Darfield in direction we are travelling....

Darlfield (2nd station.....1901-1963)
Darlfield (1st station......1840-1901)

The journey preamble states the the following line to the North Midland Railway was that of the Lancashire, Derbyshire and East Coast Railway, which meant that Woodhouse Mill would be the final closed station on the line of the North Midland Railway before we took the line of the Lancashire, Derbyshire and East Coast Railway, meaning the following stations on the North Midland Railway were incorrect, as they were AFTER the junction that led to the next line:-

Posting # 64644 of Beighton needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64645 of Killamarsh West needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64646 of Eckington and Renishaw needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64647 of Barrow Hill needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64648 of Whittington needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64649 of Clay Cross needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64650 of Stretton needs to be struck-through
Posting # 64652 of Ambergate (1st station) needs to be struck-through

2).....LANCASHIRE, DERBYSHIRE AND EAST COAST RAILWAY

Posting # 64654 of Upperthorpe and Killamarsh was correctly named as the first closed station on this line and from there it is the point that this particular journey should be continued.

CAN I ASK THAT JOURNEY PREAMBLES AS NOTED ON EACH JOURNEY WE TAKE BE NOTED CAREFULLY

Last edited: