• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closure of VBVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi,
Some of you who drove on the VBVER will have noticed that no rotas were given out this week - the simple reason being, we couldn't be bothered.
The company lasted a fair amount of time, but enough is now enough, and the system has now closed. Jordy and I agreed it was for the best, I want to concentrate on Richwell (and my social life! :p ), and Jordy wants to concentrate on other things.

Sorry for any upset this may cause, but we thought it was best,

Cheers, :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
I wouldnt exactly say we couldnt be bothered, as there were some other things which brought us to this decision. To the few people who have been in contact with me about when the rotas will be dispatched, thanks for your support and sorry to close it like this.

A quick request now, can forum members please not use this thread as a way of having a go at me and Rich for bad running, closure or anything else you can think of.

Thanks

Jordy

Well..not to put too finer point on it, i told ya so.
You know you could see if anyone else wanted to take over management rather than close it completely

The Snap

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
You know you could see if anyone else wanted to take over management rather than close it completely

Not a bad idea. ;)

T

Tom

warriorofrovac said:
Did you know that nearly all VRs close within 3 weeks?

I did. You didn't.

EDIT: Plus the forum is gone!

Coxster

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Did you know that nearly all VRs close within 3 weeks?
Yes but this wasn't because of lack of drivers, it was (and a I quote) "we couldn't be bothered" and that was coming from the staff!

Nitro

Just Jordy being lazy I suppose ;) Sad to see VBVER buit was fun while it lasted! :p

The Snap

Established Member
It is a possibility that new VBVER will be set up, and I am in contact with the person who intends to set a new one up. However, I will play no part in it, except give my help to the person involed in setting it up. Fingers crossed for all of you wanted to carry on...;)

Tom B

Established Member
AlexS said:
Not all VRs die in 3 weeks - I personally managed one for 18 months that ended up going for 3 or 4 years. vNERR has been going for 4 years now, too.

Good old NWT! I've still got all the timetables etc on my HDD from then...

I wouldnt have minding being part of the management as i *was supposed to* at its inital conception

T

Tom

I believe it was you who decided to not to be management because BVE4 didn't work?

tubechallenger said:
I believe it was you who decided to not to be management because BVE4 didn't work?

Jeez again, learn the facts...every bit of what you just said was wrong.

Tom B

Established Member
flamewar.gif

Calm down guys...

devon_metro

Established Member
I'm not bothered! There is no need to get angry at people about it, afterall they gave up their free time to do it! so you should all be gratefull to Jordy, Rich etc...

Jordy

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
Theres no reason for me to be grateful to them.

I know Rich is suppoed to have done something to upset you, but please dont have a go at me, I havent done anything to you!

Jordy

devon_metro

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
Theres no reason for me to be grateful to them.

Well that's your problem! As you could not play BVE4 you seem to have benn 100% against this project. Did you help out in it ... NO.

TAS

dvn1357 said:
I'm not bothered! There is no need to get angry at people about it, afterall they gave up their free time to do it! so you should all be gratefull to Jordy, Rich etc...
Exactly, thank you for the company, was fun whilst it lasted. :thumbup:

dvn1357 said:
Well that's your problem! As you could not play BVE4 you seem to have benn 100% against this project. Did you help out in it ... NO.

Jesus, you really have no idea.
None of you seem to be able to learn the damn facts.
Why dont you learn the facts in future before butting in.

T

Tom

In event of flamewar, break glass.

In event of continuation, lock thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.