• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Code 133

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesS

I have been travelling around London on a Z1-Z6 Day Travelcard.
At several stations the gates refused to open with the screen reading a code 133 fault. The gate staff always allowed me through.

On these occasions I was entering the same gate line I had departed through about 15-20 minutes before. I understood that journey time limits were irrelevent on Travelcards.

What am missing?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stut

Established Member
IIRC, it's not a time limit on the journey, it's a measure to stop you going through and passing your ticket back for someone else to go through shortly afterwards.

Same happens with season tickets (which makes the new Kings Cross a royal pain for me!)

4SRKT

Established Member
Says 'Reject Passback' on NR barriers. Very annoying. Surely a limit of a couple of minutes would suffice. Also, if I go off the station at Leeds for a few minutes between trains it does the same, even though I'm now going through the barrier the other way. Surely these things can be programmed to recognise which way I'm going through the barrier?

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Says 'Reject Passback' on NR barriers. Very annoying. Surely a limit of a couple of minutes would suffice. Also, if I go off the station at Leeds for a few minutes between trains it does the same, even though I'm now going through the barrier the other way. Surely these things can be programmed to recognise which way I'm going through the barrier?

I agree that the 15min time delay is a little too long, if it were 5 minutes that would make more sense, as many people just want to break their journey quickly to have a cigarette or buy something!

I don't think the software that the barriers are programmed with is intelligent enough to recognise that you're not passing back, it's just a blanket 15min time delay on all tickets where break of journey is possible!

LesS

Thank you for the replies. The existing time limit is certainly too long. It is to be hjoped that they adjuat it to something more reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.