• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Colas Rail Trainee Freight Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coach Carter

Quite a confusing advert. The advert has the title of trainee but then reads like a qualified driver advert.
“The job holder will have;
Appropriate traction knowledge
Freight rules & regulations
Route knowledge
Basic wagon knowledge
Personal Track Safety”

Yellowbelly

Quite a confusing advert. The advert has the title of trainee but then reads like a qualified driver advert.
“The job holder will have;
Appropriate traction knowledge
Freight rules & regulations
Route knowledge
Basic wagon knowledge
Personal Track Safety”
I too thought this. Where is the job for or based?

The One

Try and email the recruitment dept if no luck registering.The freight job is mobile I believe do book on from home and as for the other stuff about traction etc I think it say that on all job applications but even qualified drivers won’t have the traction etc

Good luck

Regan

Just look at the vacancies as a whole where will they recruit qualified tamper driver operators from unless they change their t&c's they will have to have a recruitment drive outside the industry.

Marx

Stuck an application in .. wait and see now currently in the talent pool for DB cargo

Gary Craig

Does anyone know if they take previous assessment passes for a different TOC and just promote you through to DMI? Or do we have to jump through all the hoops?

Marx

Does anyone know if they take previous assessment passes for a different TOC and just promote you through to DMI? Or do we have to jump through all the hoops?
I’ve emailed recruitment to ask that question I’ll let you know if I hear anything

Stigy

Established Member
I’ve not seen any TOC/FOC to date who won’t honour previous Psychometric assessment passes.

Marx

I’ve emailed just got an automated we will be in touch type email

Unknockable

Does anyone know if Colas require the Enhanced or National standard when it comes to the tests?

Andy24

Sorry, if I'm missing the obvious, but what does 'UK mobile' actually mean in terms of where you would be working?

6Z09

Do they ever fill their vacancies?
Always advertising but seems few ever get a response!

EGL1

Do they ever fill their vacancies?
Always advertising but seems few ever get a response!

I've often thought this, applied last year and never heard a thing. Not even a yes or no?

Sorry, if I'm missing the obvious, but what does 'UK mobile' actually mean in terms of where you would be working?

I've assumed you go where their contracts are once you've learned the routes. Its not very clear in the job spec

C.T.P.

There have been quite a few negative comments on here about Colas as an employer - although I'm not sure if they were from ex-employees or not.

Is it 'doesn't matter what you know, but who you know' or is it 'doesn't matter who you know, but who you blow'? Which one applies?

Tony*1

Working for Colas Mobile means you can travel anywhere,

Colas drivers give 1 hour in there own time ( mobile with a van ) either side of the shift so could work 14 hours days,
They also have a lot of lodging turns

Status
Not open for further replies.