• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Collecting Tickets at Northern Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Whatever the root of the problem is, it's not great.

'Come back to the railway, here let us encourage you with a load of cheapo tickets... oh... er, you might not be able to collect them though...'

Djgr

Established Member
Ah Northern...the TOC that keeps on giving...grief.

Presumably it's not their fault....as it never is!

D.K.TAYLOR

Appreciate if you could sure other buyers of the flash sale tickets are outside the borders of Northern TVMs it does say tickets can be retrieved from 1700 TVM machines has anyone as yet been able to retrieve any yet

D.K.TAYLOR

Neither our TVMs or Mtis @ station are able to issue them.
Will they be uploaded soon they have stated if not able to a print out or booking ref number on your phone may have to do.
This is from the Twitter team so may not be written in stone still it's a rum deal flailing a million tickets into the domain.
And not having the infrastructure to complete the task

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Will they be uploaded soon they have stated if not able to a print out or booking ref number on your phone may have to do.
This is from the Twitter team so may not be written in stone still it's a rum deal flailing a million tickets into the domain.
And not having the infrastructure to complete the task
We're just refering customers to the point of purchase.

Last edited:

CaptainHaddock

Established Member
I have some to pick up in Sheffield tomorrow which I assume is EMR… Will they work @northernman ?

I tried at Sheffield this morning and got a "we cannot print your tickets due to a technical issue" error message. Yet the previous day I was able to collect some £1 tickets from the ticket machines at Leeds no problem (the Northern ones at the southern entrance).

northernman

Verified Rep - Northern
TVMs should all pick this up from tomorrow. Northern TVMs are picking this up now. Ticket office systems if they are Fujitsu STARdesktop (Northern, TPE and EMR all use that system) should pick up from tomorrow

D.K.TAYLOR

Retrieved tickets at Oxford ticket office this morning a couple said locked to another machine any info on this tried Sandwell and Dudley at 6am this still no luck

py_megapixel

Established Member
Will be walking almost past my local station later today. The TVM there is a Northern one. Is it worth making a few minutes detour and trying to print these tickets or is it likely to not work and I should leave it for a few more days? Flash Sale tickets booked for late September so no massive hurry.

D.K.TAYLOR

Will be walking almost past my local station later today. The TVM there is a Northern one. Is it worth making a few minutes detour and trying to print these tickets or is it likely to not work and I should leave it for a few more days? Flash Sale tickets booked for late September so no massive hurry.
I picked mine up OK at Oxford this morning

cosmo

Tried picking some flash sale tickets I ordered online from Newcastle, printed receipt and gave an error. Travelled to MetroCentre, TVM kept saying references were invalid even though they were inputted correctly.

Edit: This was platform 2. P1 TVM worked fine.

Last edited:

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Tried picking some flash sale tickets I ordered online from Newcastle, printed receipt and gave an error. Travelled to MetroCentre, TVM kept saying references were invalid even though they were inputted correctly.

Edit: This was platform 2. P1 TVM worked fine.
I’m sure I said something earlier in the thread about requiring manual intervention after a failed collection attempt

plugwash

Established Member
I bought an off peak return from avanti from a local station near stockport to cambridge north and it up from an avanti TVM.

There was nothing visibly wrong with the actual tickets, but the seat reservations referred to virgin trains and the return ticket failed to work the barrier at Euston (all the other barriers on the journey were open, sometimes with manual checking)

D.K.TAYLOR

I’m sure I said something earlier in the thread about requiring manual intervention after a failed collection attempt
I had 2 tickets not printed phoned Northern today they said the tickets are still in the machine but will only be able to collect them from a Northern TVM

saunterlong

Yesterday took the opportunity to buy four tickets online at £1 each, part of Northern Rail's flash sale.
I tried to collect them this morning from one of the machines at Victoria Station, Manchester.
The machine I used (the other was out of action) would only provide me with receipts, but no tickets.
I enquired with one of the ticket sellers and she told there is a 48 hour delay between buying the tickets and them being available to collect from the machines.
I will try again in the morning, when 48 hours will have elapsed, and if I am once again unsuccessful, will be on the phone to Northern Rail.
Pleased to say I was able to obtain the tickets I had purchased last week, today, from one of Northern Rail's machines, not the one I'd originally chosen when making the booking, which had been Manchester Victoria, but at a rail station in Ashton-under-Lyne.
Finally happy.

Skymonster

Established Member
So now I’m lost… Can these Northern £1 now be picked up at ANY machine - I have a few coming up and given they start at Sheffield I’m not in a position to go anywhere near a Northern machine beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.