• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Compass Tours 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
47s I assume?

The majority will be as they are timed for a 95mph Type 4. The following comes from Kevin Melia at Compass

WCRC type 4's is what most will be timed for, except Oban. 47s likely to be seen much of the time although can't guarantee them (before amyone asks) as its whatever is available. NB traction (47s included) will only feature when/if loco availability dictates as the TOC prefers top and tail ETH where possible on most jobs with ETH requirement. 33s and 37s unlikely to be on anything much as rule as neither can heat the set or get a 95mph schedule.

table38

Established Member
Most of the ones I'm interested in are on a Wednesday which I suppose is good because they are less likely to clash with other tours.

(Although I was lucky to back the right horse when I booked the UK Rail Tees Goblin, then wished I'd booked on the Pathfinder GCG tour :))

scotsman

Established Member
I am led to believe the following tours MAY feature 'WCRC Type 3s':

http://www.compasstoursbyrail.co.uk...category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=16
http://www.compasstoursbyrail.co.uk...category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=16

Whether it will be 33s or 37s is not yet clear.

*Do not take this gen as solid ;)*

Oban will be 37s - this debate surfaces every time a tour to Oban is announced. Just because 33s are cleared to Oban, doesn't mean one will actually go there.

The Inverness tour will be 47s - there's no reason to indicate why it would be anything else.

As it happens, I should be Stewarding this tour (yeah, I've joined Compass now!)

Crimson_Quiff

Oban will be 37s - this debate surfaces every time a tour to Oban is announced. Just because 33s are cleared to Oban, doesn't mean one will actually go there.

The Inverness tour will be 47s - there's no reason to indicate why it would be anything else.

As it happens, I should be Stewarding this tour (yeah, I've joined Compass now!)

Thanks for clarifying that ;)

JBM 37404

Just to clarify the tours are not booked for anything specific although logic can dictate what is more likely on one job than the next....

scotsman

Established Member
Just to clarify the tours are not booked for anything specific although logic can dictate what is more likely on one job than the next....

That was what I was basing mine on, could have made it clearer

Status
Not open for further replies.