• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 420 :: Defunct liveries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Matt Taylor

Established Member
What I meant when I chose this was liveries that are no loner in existance except for perhaps in museums and preserved railways.

Jordy

Established Member
What about liveries of TOCs which are no longer with us on the National Network? Providing the photo is taken after they cease to exist of course!

Matt Taylor

Established Member
The idea was to encourage people to submit images from their archive rather than just go out and take a picture to suit the competition.

Any livery or branding that is not currently existant on the mainline is ok. BR blue would not be ok as FGBRF have a 73 in BR blue, SWT 455s in the old SWT colours are ok but the new (red) livery wouldn't be ok.

theblackwatch

Established Member
The company name maybe defunct but the EWS livery is still very much in operation.

And from post 5 on this thread:

Any livery or branding that is not currently existant on the mainline is ok.

mumrar

Established Member
It's going to be difficult for privatisation era liveries, suffice to say that it should be colour and not logo dependant i.e newest MML still extant, same for Central Trains, it's the basic livery that should be totally defunct from mainline. So to help here's a non-exhaustive list I can think. Full green (SR, GWR or BR), Railfreight grey with or without red stripe, all BR 'sectors' except petroleum (60054), Inter-City executive (pre Swallow to you young uns). White DMU with blue stripe (provincial), original livery 150s, Regional Railways (153326 last one), GMPTE (orange?), NSE1 or 2, I think Riviera have all stock colours inc Virgin covered still, orig 158 livery (and 156 too?) DMU or EMU full blue, Jaffa Cake, Mainline blue, Load Haul, BR era Scotrail. Feel free to add more below.

Oswyntail

Established Member
Original West Yorkshire PTE
I would consider the Railfreight sector differentiators as being logos rather than a full livery (at least, that was how they were explained at the time).

Ivo

Established Member
Just two from me....

Anglia Railways
"One" Railway (full colour)

These two are still used! Out of date they may be, but Anglia Railways and "one" liveries can still be seen. FGE liveries can still be seen as well.

(If that was your point, I apologise.)

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Just two from me....

Anglia Railways
"One" Railway (full colour)

There is a 170 turbostar going about with Anglia Livery (currently with NX Branding 'bar').

Just some food for thought,,,
What about anglia railways with the Union Jack? (as demonstrated on 86227 'Golden Jubilee'*)​
:lol: :rf:

*THIS IS NOT MY PHOTO AND THEREFORE WILL NOT BE ENTERING THIS IMAGE - EVEN IF I DO ENTER

mumrar

Established Member
I added the link after Ivo put his reply, so yes, unless it's changed since 15th May lol

curly42

I think there's going to be a lot of interesting entries for this one - I've spoken to four people about the subject and all four have had a different interpretation.
It'll be interesting to see.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
In which case perhaps we should take a more laid back perspective and not get too bogged down in rules but concentrate more on the quality of the images.

TGVDUDE

Well there aren't any trains running about with this livery which is kind of what I was getting at...

http://www.tramways.com/railways/uk/br1/gb05max.jpg

As for "one", there maybe trains with the base blue and a NX white stripe but not the original "one" livery with rainbow ends and decal....http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3327467305_b97ec8e3a2.jpg

FGW's cardiff - Taunton Loco Hauled uses them

also as for the Intercity Swallow, isn't there a 31 painted in this livery out and about?

Finally, would Advenza's livery be okay?

Jordy

Established Member
Its not going to cause arguments, if you think you have a photo which fits the theme enter it. If others disagree with your choice, they won't vote for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.