• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Competition 428 :: Voting

Votes: 3 9.1%

Votes: 2 6.1%

Votes: 11 33.3%

Votes: 15 45.5%

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
We have a new entry coming in (number 5, will appear shortly)

If anyone wants to change their vote please PM me.

Voting has now resumed

gingerheid

Established Member
1, 3 and 4 are particularly nice photos, but 1 isn't so much of a wildlife shot and 4 isn't so much of a railway shot, so I've gone for 3.

Last edited:

Ivo

Established Member
Anyone who entered this week has a good chance of getting a vote! I had a shot of two birds sitting on the tram lines in Blackpool, but only got back to Bath at 9pm and didn't want to sort my camera out :(

Anyway, I absolutely love 4. A very cheeky shot! Now where's the England football team to give it some (minimal) entertainment... :lol: [Algeria game?]

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Wait a minute! There were only 4 photos when I voted! Corruption! Confidence tricking! Vote rigging! I demand a re-count!

I kid, I kid. Wouldn't change my vote anyway :lol:

curly42

On the grounds that 3 and 5 are domestic creatures,and that the primary object of shots 1 and 2 are the trains (wherein the birds are secondary to the main subject),I guess that number 4 has it.
I don't understand the comment "number 4 isn't much of a railway shot" - the theme is wildlife,and as such has to be railway related - which it clearly is.
No contest then,4 it is.

These are my considered opinions,please feel free to disagree with them,but please don't bother me with the details........ :)

(just kidding,really !!)

Jordy

Established Member
Animals would probably have been a more appropriate name, but given that there are only a few entries i'm not going to be strict and remove half of them! As usual if you don't think it fits, don't vote for it!

Ivo

Established Member
If I can be bothered to sort through my camera before the competition closes, I will post mine (mentioned above). I just want to see what kind of reaction it would have had.

By the way, what happened to 429? Is there no competition next week, or something?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
By the way, what happened to 429? Is there no competition next week, or something?

I have had a look at the 'photo details' of entry number 7 of last weeks compo and the theme isn't specified, therefore I am assuming that Sun Chariot has not yet announced the theme!

If by 1900 this evening (or the exact time when the poll closed) the theme hasn't been announced by the winner then it will* go onto the runner-up, number 10 Matt Taylor, making the theme 'From the Platform..

*Going by the Rules...

If you do not state what the next competition theme should be, you have 24 hours after voting ends to do so, after which time the choice will pass on to the runner up

--------

No, I am not trying to 'back seat moderate' - I am just stating the facts!

--------

TP

Crossover

Established Member
I have had a look at the 'photo details' of entry number 7 of last weeks compo and the theme isn't specified, therefore I am assuming that Sun Chariot has not yet announced the theme!

If by 1900 this evening (or the exact time when the poll closed) the theme hasn't been announced by the winner then it will* go onto the runner-up, number 10 Matt Taylor, making the theme 'From the Platform..

*Going by the Rules...

--------

No, I am not trying to 'back seat moderate' - I am just stating the facts!

--------

TP

TP - how do you get to photo details to see suggestions for next competition?

Jordy

Established Member
Click the blue information symbol above the pictures, the info then appears at the bottom.

Congrats to SonoftheStig

thumb_bristol3.jpg

01 - EltonRoad
02 - TGVDUDE
03 - curly42
04 - SonoftheStig
05 - Swiss Toni

Ivo

Established Member
Great username, even better picture!

And good to see every pitcure scoring. If anyone needed an easy vote for their confidence, this was a good chance.

SonoftheStig

Thanks for voting for me,it was my first entry and i am really pleased with the results.Hope you are not going to shed any tears over my choice of subject!

Status
Not open for further replies.