• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Conductor Training, On Hold Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyurwin84

Hi guys, im new here and this is my first thread.

I recently had my assessment in Leeds and received this email a few weeks ago'

"Dear Candidate

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience in relation to your application for your Trainee Conductor application.

In our previous communications to you we explained that you are a ‘Talent Pool’ candidate - now more accurately described as an ‘on-hold’ candidate. That is someone who has passed their interview and assessment and is awaiting a training course place. Since my last communication, I’ve explained to those who have contacted me directly that trainee positions are subject to business needs and that the recruitment team have many rules and regulations that we must adhere to when it comes to appointing trainees.

We do appreciate that the wait has been very frustrating for you, and again we would like to thank you for your patience.

An update on where we are now: Your Conductor Assessment is valid but for some of you your interview may have expired (those who were interviewed over 9 months ago). If this is the case for you don’t worry you don’t get taken off the list, your file will still be presented to the CTMs before they make a decision to appoint and they will get plenty of chance to see your interview notes and decide whether they still wish to appoint or invite you back for an updated interview.

We do hope that this communication has helped to answer some of the questions you may have and to reassure you that we have not forgotten about you and will be in touch soon.

Please note there is currently no time-scale and as with previous recruitment, training place availability is always subject to business needs, but our aim is to make use of our qualified talent pool (you) and get you on to a training course as soon as possible."

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar email and if this is good news or bad news and they're just kinda fobbing me off.

Or am I just being impatient!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
At least you have the email more than some of us are getting

Can't stand the term talent pool

Andrew32

There not fobbing you off, it's a pretty detailed response and explains the talent pool well, I was waiting for 13 months for a job and am now employed as a conductor, just hang in there mate.

andyurwin84

Cheers for the reply guys! I just got disheartened because I got an email saying if I passed the Interview and Psychometric tests, then my start date would be 16th March (this Monday).

I then got the email that I quoted above and noticed on another thread on the site that people are in fact starting the 16! That's why I thought I hadn't made it.

Andrew32

Where have you applied for?

There's quite a few courses running this year so don't get disheartened, alot depends on staff turnover at depots, you've made the grade by passing everything and now its just a case of sitting tight.

It's a job well worth waiting for

Andy

andyurwin84

I applied for Newcastle and at the interview they asked if I fancied Middlesborough also as I live equal distance apart.

Yeah, I'll just have to practice being patient!

Status
Not open for further replies.