• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confirmation of Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

themeone

A friend was travelling on an advance Fareham - Leicester single recently. Due to a delay between Fareham and Waterloo, he just missed the Leicester train at St Pancras. Although he was let on the next train for no extra charge, they said strictly speaking he should have got confirmation of the delay from the first part of the journey.

Is this right, and if so, who does one get this confirmation from?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Not really necessary, but if you have time a ticket office or customer information point will normally be happy enough to stamp your ticket/an itinerary saying you can take a later train, as it saves the guard some time especially if the delays are a long way away as the guard may not know about them!

westv

Established Member
A few years agonI arrived at Kings X to find the service I was due to get with my AP ticket had been cancelled. As I was slightly early I just jumped on a previous service.
When the guard came round he said " You should have got the next available service"
I replied that the service I was on "was available so I got it."
:D

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
A friend was travelling on an advance Fareham - Leicester single recently. Due to a delay between Fareham and Waterloo, he just missed the Leicester train at St Pancras. Although he was let on the next train for no extra charge, they said strictly speaking he should have got confirmation of the delay from the first part of the journey.

Is this right, and if so, who does one get this confirmation from?

What rubbish, there is no requirement to do this. EMT are quite capable of looking up the delay themselves, if they feel the need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.