• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Confusion about Southern Class 313's

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymous0101

I didn't mean to say the 377s were poorly made, but they don't dampen the bumps very well. Of course, if the track is THAT bad then I guess they can't work miracles.

How much bumping around would it take to, in theory, cause a derailment? I presume we're some way off that!!

If the 377s are bad imagine what the 313s will be like :o

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Nice to see FCC investing in TL trains, even if it's paint and retrim of seats :).

319220 was the unit in question.

Last edited:

Minstral25

Established Member
Nice to see FCC investing in TL trains, even if it's paint and retrim of seats :).

319220 was the unit in question.

Shock and surprise - Looks good but why have FCC left this units tables in - all the other refurbs I've travelled on these have been ripped out and the grotty 2+2 small seats no tables format introduced. Maybe its cheaper just to recover seats?

acg5324

Looks like 313202 and 313205 will be the only 313's available for traffic on Monday. They will cover the two Eastcoastway diagrams. The Westcoastway diagrams will be covered by 377's.

acg5324

They are SR Green ones.....some internal branding is being added over the weekend. 313202 is out on the Eastcoastway today, final tests.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Shock and surprise - Looks good but why have FCC left this units tables in - all the other refurbs I've travelled on these have been ripped out and the grotty 2+2 small seats no tables format introduced. Maybe its cheaper just to recover seats?

They only recovered the seats which had Southern moquette on. Southern gave them a full refurb before fCC started their 319 refurb programme.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
I think the full fleet of 378s will be needed for the London Overground services and don't think they've over-ordered at all - remember that the services aren't all open, using 378s or running at full frequency yet. I suspect your someone has seen spare units hanging around at depots and not realised this.

DC line: not using 378s yet, still 313s, to swap over this summer
NLL line: closed between Gospel Oak and Stratford until end of month with reduced service on the remaining line, frequency to be increased in future
WLL: likely to justify increase in frequency in future
ELL: opening between NXG and West Croydon and Crystal Palace this Sunday, between Dalston and Highbury next year, and between Surrey Quays and Clapham Junction year after

Agree entirely. Looking back throughthe 378 orders, it seems to me the original number of 378/0 was basically one for one replacement for the NLL/WLL/DC. The 378/1s were for the ELL as of today's opening to CP/WC. Then each small incremental order clearly coincided with a decision to approve either an extension, or higher frequencies somewhere on the NLL. The last 3 units that increase the fleet from 54 to 57 were ordered at the time the Clapham Junction ELL Phase 2 was approved.

Metadyneman

... any train is preferrable to no train at all.. even a pacer!. Ask all those in towns where Beeching swung his Axe and they destroyed a working railway through or to their town!

Something to do with Ernest Marples and a lot of road building.... long time ago it happened but we are now paying a high price for it!

RAGNARØKR

They have somewhat reported that story wrong. The 313s arent going Hampden Park. These will be served by 377 (4car). 313s wont make the joruney longer really, between Brighton and Seaford the trains don't get anywhere near 100mph.

Yes they have no toilets, I'm sure people can hold their bladders :D. Or just go before they get on the bloody train.

I love how it is reported as if its disasterous.

Wait till your prostate starts to give you trouble. And the chavs will just use the gangways after a evening on the Stellas. Interesting to see how they go down on the Brighton to Portsmouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.