• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cricket

David

Established Member
I've just sen the WI squad for the 3 ODI and the 20/20 match. Gayle, Narine and the Bravo's are in the team.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LE Greys

Established Member
I've just sen the WI squad for the 3 ODI and the 20/20 match. Gayle, Narine and the Bravo's are in the team.

Two Dwaynes and two Darrens, curiously. Might be interesting, since it looks like a fairly solid one-day line-up.

Also, unless we get a double-forfeiture, it looks as though the last test will run out of time.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Unless we get a double-forfeiture, it looks as though the last test will run out of time.

I cannot see the England management considering this matter of a double-forfeiture, even though the series has already been won.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
CONGRATULATIONS.....

I see that the match continued and a most remarkable event took place, for when Tino Best was finally out, his score of 95 was a world record test match score made by a number 11 batsman in any recognised Test Match.

Congratulations on such a dogged performance by a tail-ender to ensure the first innings total by West Indies indeed was a most respectable figure.

LE Greys

Established Member
Quite a remarkable day all round, with Tino Best not only setting records with his batting, but also bowling brilliantly. England have their work cut out tomorrow (if we have any play) to firstly save the draw, then at least get equal to prove a point.

LE Greys

Established Member
Pity he wasn't backed up. As it was, Cook highlighted his case for being the world's number 1 batsman again.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Pity he wasn't backed up. As it was, Cook highlighted his case for being the world's number 1 batsman again.

Indeed this is so with his knock of 112 to win him Man of the Match in an England match-winning score of 239-2 which was achieved with five overs to spare. The England bowlers also seemed to enjoy some success with the ball.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The ECB disciplinary panel have found the leg-spinner, Danish Kaneria of Pakistan, guilty on both counts of corruption and have banned him for life.

The incident occcurred in 2009 whilst he was playing for Essex in a Pro 40 match against Durham and the charges related to this player inducing Mervyn Westfield to concede a certain minimum number of runs in the first over that he bowled in that match.

Mervyn Westfield has received a five-year ban as a result of his young age at the time of the offence and allowances are stated to have been allowed in mitigation.

Friday, 29th June 2012

Alan Isaac of New Zealand has been appointed as the eighth President of the International Cricket Council

ODI...England v. Australia (50 overs)

England 272 - 5 (Eoin Morgan 89 from 67 balls with 4 6's and 5 4's)

Australia 257 - 9

England win by 15 runs

Last edited:

EM2

Established Member
Interesting to note that the match finished at about 7:50pm, yet the Channel 5 highlights show started at 7!
In tonight's T20, it looked like Essex had it in the bag, until Glenn Maxwell of Hampshire hit Tim Phillips for 30 in the 16th over, 4 6 4 6 6 4, then smashed Napier for six off the last ball of the 17th. Hants win by 6 wickets.

LE Greys

Established Member
Interesting to note that the match finished at about 7:50pm, yet the Channel 5 highlights show started at 7!

A very rapid editing job by someone!

In tonight's T20, it looked like Essex had it in the bag, until Glenn Maxwell of Hampshire hit Tim Phillips for 30 in the 16th over, 4 6 4 6 6 4, then smashed Napier for six off the last ball of the 17th. Hants win by 6 wickets.

And Yorkshire won the Roses clash with what sounds like an impressive 180-6 first innings (of course, I only have the BBC website to go on). Lancashire managed 161-5 in return.

All credit to Tim Phillips though, I wish I could have seen that.

andrew bell

A very rapid editing job by someone!

And Yorkshire won the Roses clash with what sounds like an impressive 180-6 first innings (of course, I only have the BBC website to go on). Lancashire managed 161-5 in return.

All credit to Tim Phillips though, I wish I could have seen that.

Phillips was bowling, Maxwell was batting ;)

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
I see that England have decided to use both Finn and Dernbach as the opening pair of fast bowlers in the second ODI against Australia.
Second ODI...England v Australia (50 overs)

Australia 251 - 7

England 252 - 4 (Ravi Bopara 82 from 85 balls)....4.2 overs to spare.

England now 2 - 0 up in the series.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Felt a bit sorry for Bopara as it was a shame he couldn't see out the innings. So does anyone want to start thinking about a five - nil series victory and topping the one day rankings ;)

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Cricinfo have him out for the next two due to his right elbow being a bit dodgy. Not that it matters that much as I'm expecting a washout at The Riverside on Saturday anyway (which is annoying as I'm supposed to be going :().

Ferret

Established Member
James Tredwell?! Fook me the Aussies must be quaking! Give Monty a game!:) On a serious note, is James Tredwell really the next best spinner we have for ODIs?!

Arglwydd Golau

Established Member
James Tredwell?! Fook me the Aussies must be quaking! Give Monty a game!:) On a serious note, is James Tredwell really the next best spinner we have for ODIs?!

...agree, I'd like to see Monty given a game, he did well in Dubai and SL, albeit in tests, and I think he does OK in one day games for Sussex, tho' he doesn't play in 20/20. Tredwell, of course, is the better batsman.

Ferret

Established Member
Whatever happened to Adil Rashid? Any Yorkshire fans out there?