• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crisp with no flavour added

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
Hi I'm after a bit of advise regarding a recent purchase.

I brought a box of 30 flavoured crisps ( my favourite but hard to find) of eBay. They arrived and immediately opened a pack, to my surprise there was no flavouring on them. So I opened a second pack and again they were plain, i went through the box and found 8 packs with the same batch code and best by date.

I contacted the seller who gave 5* service and immediately dispatched a new box, this is where the problem is, the replacement box has the same batch code and sell by date as the first box ( opened a pack and again no flavouring).

I also contacted the manufacturer who sent a bog standard reply and £8 of postal orders for the 8 packs.

Do I now recontact the seller who are already £16 down, or do I go back to the manufacturer and push for a better outcome. Or just let it go.

Or any other ideas.

(Also found another batch code in the box flavourless)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
I'm intrigued, what was the "hard to find" flavour? Crunchy Frog perhaps or Lark's Vomit?

I believe they are actually the new 'Saturday Night Takeaway' flavour. Basically, you regurgitate the food from your chosen outlet into the bag, this is the reason they initially ship without flavour.

najaB

Veteran Member
Do I now recontact the seller who are already £16 down, or do I go back to the manufacturer and push for a better outcome. Or just let it go.
I'd go back to the manufacturer, if for no other reason than to make the point that they have a QA problem since there's more than one date code affected.

westcoaster

Established Member
I'd go back to the manufacturer, if for no other reason than to make the point that they have a QA problem since there's more than one date code affected.

They said that the crisps go through manual taste testing, salt flavour testing, and an automated process. But occasionally som3 can slip through the net.

cf111

Established Member
Jacobs mini cheddars Branston pickle flavour.

They are really nice, excellent choice.

Sadly I am off the crisps at the moment, they are my one real vice. I enjoy a pack of Salt 'n' Shake without putting the salt packet on them too much, hence the swearing off.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I must seek these out. I'm partial to the occasional packet of Mini Cheddars, but I've never tried the Branson flavoured ones.

As far as the unflavoured ones are concerned - just purchase a large jar of the real thing and use it as a dip. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.