• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry HST Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
What are the diagrams looking like next week, specifically Thursday?
Too early to say yet: Entirely dependent on any disruption over the next four days that might occur to the network and causes stock displacement, or any faults to the available sets that might manifest on depot or in service.

Though the headcodes of the usual planned workings are in the post above mine.

Train Boy

On the off chance that someone might know, Will 43008 and 43007 be on 1V50 again before they are withdrawn? What days?

Not sure how true, but on various recent journeys on the HSTs, I overheard on various occasions they'll now only be on the 1627 Plymouth - Leeds on the last day: the 18th - to be in position for The Pines Express tour on the 26th.

On Moderation
I imagine with the imminent withdrawal of the HST's, XC won't be rushing to find the faults with the A/C on these trains and will just leave them be.
That will depend if the ROSCO picks up on the faults at handback and insist they are rectified. The sets stay on lease until the owner accepts them back.

On Moderation
Externally to match the livery, LNER did the same on the farewell tour PC's.

And also on the feed used by RTT to show allocations
They have been renumbered on the national vehicle register, so it is not just externally. It was the same for 43184 (and indeed 43102 on EMR). The LNER power cars were only external renumberings and remain as 43206/312 on the system.

GWHST107

Hi, is it known if 43184 is going to be out again on either service or depot to storage?

Last edited:

Alfie1014

For anyone interested due to an operating incident between Teighmouth and Dawlish 1V50 has been turned at Exeter St David’s to form 1S51 back north.

And the set that was on 1S51 had been turned at Newton Abbot 1Z50 back to Plymouth and presumably will form 1E67 later?

tobiast

1E63 seems to have now terminated at Bristol TM due to a problem with the traction equipment. I did say 321 was unreliable...

Merle Haggard

Established Member
321 & 378
Interesting that they got the one that failed yesterday going again (seemed to be running on one power car only before it was cancelled en route). There are on paper 12 power cars to cover a requirement of 4 on weekdays. There's the ones in 'heritage' livery but what about the rest - are they all demec? I'm guessing that the delay in allocation was because the depot wasn't sure that they'd get it (43321???) going again.

crosscity

Should be a HST all being well. The Voyager was shown as covering the whole diagram earlier, but isn't anymore.
43321/43378 failed on 1E63 at Bristol yesterday, and somehow managed to work back as ECS to Laira.
The Voyager stood in for it on 1V44 from Leeds this morning.
The same HST is now about to leave Plymouth on today's 1S51, so presumably the fault has been fixed.

... has just left Plymouth on-time.

On Moderation
Interesting that they got the one that failed yesterday going again (seemed to be running on one power car only before it was cancelled en route). There are on paper 12 power cars to cover a requirement of 4 on weekdays. There's the ones in 'heritage' livery but what about the rest - are they all demec? I'm guessing that the delay in allocation was because the depot wasn't sure that they'd get it (43321???) going again.
Faults can often be cleared overnight on depot. There are now only 10 power cars in the XC active fleet: 43285/301 are stopped for de-branding, defect clearance and off leasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.