• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Crosscountry HST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Master29

Established Member
I don`t think the livery suits HST`s and their rake of coaches imo but they are very nice inside. I like their table seats.

shaun

Did a XC to Bristol and a GWR one to London last weekend. Both HSTs were comfy, but in different ways. I was able to snooze away easily on both, could've done even if they were crowded. GWR have more legroom, but XC have nicer looking interiors.
Trying to relax on a Voyager home however, was difficult. Due to the cramped seating and random vibrating parts of the train. It wasn't even that busy. Still cant believe they are heavily used on the longest services in the UK. Really hope the IEP is both quieter and has more legroom, (i find the 395s absolutely fine).

MalHT

One of the biggest gripes about the Voyagers for me is their mobile signal throttling. It may or may not be due to the polarised windows in the saloons, but that then leads to internet-hungry passengers (self-included) having to sign up to the (paid) WiFi. It also means you can't make phone-calls, which is incredibly frustrating, especially as Virgin have resolved the problem by boosting phone signal in their fleet. On the HSTs? No such problems.

Virgin's Pendolinos are really bad for this too, and the signal boosting conspicuously lacks coverage for Three and potentially other networks, or it at least did last year.

najaB

Veteran Member
Virgin's Pendolinos are really bad for this too, and the signal boosting conspicuously lacks coverage for Three and potentially other networks, or it at least did last year.
That'll be due to the frequency bands in use. IIRC Three doesn't have much capacity in the 900Mhz band.

Status
Not open for further replies.