• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Ah, grand, thanks. My go again, then...

Confused situation & a botch'd manners eBook in leafy suburbia

Calthrop

Established Member
Let's try an alternative clue for the same place:

Male swan, non-kosher meat, and fired-up Welsh at-the-mouth-of, French no, in leafy suburbia

Calthrop

Established Member
This one took me a while to get... assuming it's Cobham and Stoke Abernon?

Correct -- to be quite preciously pedantic, the second part is "Stoke d' Abernon". The original clue involved an anagram of "& a botch'd manners eBook".

Your floor.

mat64nl

Correct -- to be quite preciously pedantic, the second part is "Stoke d' Abernon". The original clue involved an anagram of "& a botch'd manners eBook".

Your floor.

Oops... had forgot about the d'. Only recalled it from when I'd been on SWT quite a while ago. I'm terrible with creating clues (it'll either be really obvious or so unguessable that it'd just be voided) so I'll leave an open floor.

Calthrop

Established Member
With open floor -- having a bit of a stockpile, I'll make so bold as to go again.

From melodrama with a Spanish setting: "Orzabal ! Lo, churl -- surrender thyself to mine sword, else thou diest on the instant."

Calthrop

Established Member
Sorry about long silence -- caused in part by forums' "down" spell. Hint -- station operated by SR; and located on a much-loved and "romanced-about" inland body of water.

Calthrop

Established Member
Once more, this game seems to be truly in the doldrums. Answer is: Balloch (run-on word).

Open floor.

Calthrop

Established Member
A guess -- Ford? ? (though I've no idea how many platforms it has). Fords cross rivers, which have currents...

johnnychips

Established Member
Since there are no rules on the first page to decide what to do if a clue poster doesn't reply, and the last post by JStrainspotter was a week ago, I think we should have an open floor, otherwise this entertaining thread will die. Here's one:

Paint the very first contributor to this thread at a Derbyshire station.

Calthrop

Established Member
Since there are no rules on the first page to decide what to do if a clue poster doesn't reply, and the last post by JStrainspotter was a week ago, I think we should have an open floor, otherwise this entertaining thread will die. Here's one:

Paint the very first contributor to this thread at a Derbyshire station.

johnnychips, I concur. To help things get going again, here's an attempted answer -- wrong I'm sure, and arrived at by "logic" so foolish as to be embarrassing to explain: Rowsley South, on the Peak Rail heritage line.