• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
It's got to be "something...water". Without any clear idea why, I'm going to have a shot with: Greenhithe for Bluewater

Calthrop

Established Member
I'm blessed if I can make anything out of the National Rail "usual suspects". Is it on something other than the National Rail network?

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Warmer.

It is Water...something.
I think it's time we were put out of our misery. I will have one final guess - Wateringbury

Watering is something one would do in the garden when it has been a bit dry, subject to local hosepipe bans of course. I'm not sure how this would relate to washing-up, though.

Esker-pades

Established Member
I think it's time we were put out of our misery. I will have one final guess - Wateringbury

Watering is something one would do in the garden when it has been a bit dry, subject to local hosepipe bans of course. I'm not sure how this would relate to washing-up, though.

Wateringbury is correct!

To explain, I frequently use waste-water from the washing-up during dry seasons to water the garden (including berries). I originally thought that that was a "standard" thing to do. I have since re-evaluated that view.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
My usual garden activity in hot weather is to grab a sun lounger and a cold beer, but to each their own ;)

Open floor please!

Calthrop

Established Member
Felix -- I'd never have got Wateringbury; but by general agreement, anyway, Sam Gamgee I certainly ain't.

With it being open floor --

On sheriff's enemy's route, confounded -- hollars "why newt-hating?"

Calthrop

Established Member
Thou hast it rightly, fair sir -- on the Robin Hood (Sheriff's enemy) Line, and an anagram.

Your floor.

Calthrop

Established Member
One takes it, anagram of "cheese and lawnmowers": looks as though it should make a long station name in Wales, but I son't seem to be finding any such.

DanTrain

One takes it, anagram of "cheese and lawnmowers": looks as though it should make a long station name in Wales, but I son't seem to be finding any such.
Not really, there is an anagram, but of a much shorter word. Some lateral thinking may be required here... Also, think about what one may do with a lawnmower.

Calthrop

Established Member
I was thinking it was anagrams again (and getting nowhere); looks like I was wrong there again !

Esker-pades

Established Member
Further clue:
It is to do with synonyms. Think literally. Not sure what else to say at the moment.

Also, as I said before, the station is quite a bit further north from the answers given so far.