• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cryptic clues = station name

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bingo! Over to you!

*makes mental note not to make clues so short in future!*
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
In the absence of a clue from Lad Brookes, hope i'm not too presumptious to sneak in with a quick one... This one is an Underground station.

Trappist beer lacks renown initially

Oval?

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor

orval-glass-w1.jpg

Yum yum!

Ivo

Established Member
I can think of two, Menston and Normanton. I would have to assume the former, because the latter is surely too specific for such a generic clue.

Ivo

Established Member
Sorry I've not be around; don't say you didn't have advance warning! It's been in my sig for over a week now...

Unfortunately the correct station is still at large. Geographically speaking, dubscottie has been the closest, but even then the S&C is still some distance away; having said that, Northern England is the area to look so credit for that. Any further attempts?

One clue, besides location: This station has no more than 12 letters in its name, and no other characters.

Ivo

Established Member
G'day again all; been busy creating a version of Southport on Trainz 2004 (self-imposed 96-hour exile from my DS) so not been around to check the thread.

Nunthorpe is correct.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
G'day again all; been busy creating a version of Southport on Trainz 2004 (self-imposed 96-hour exile from my DS) so not been around to check the thread.

Nunthorpe is correct.

Woohoo!

Let's move to the other end of the country:

Season facial hair

Ivo

Established Member
Springburn

By the way, I rarely use TRS2004 on this laptop, because there is no widescreen mode that I am aware. So it's hard for me to do both at once, given my Internet connection is quite weak (and especially in my bedroom).

Ivo

Established Member
I want to get your one properly; proving a right headache...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Is this even on the national network? I can't think of anywhere at all :(

Sorry...