• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

D&G Buses

SeanM1997

D&G have done some improvements on weekdays - earlier start on 12, later services on 31 and 37, faster services to Nantwich and have invested in new buses in Crewe. Only a few times has it been standing only from my experience but I don't travel during the peak. Having D&G as the largest operator makes it easier for day ticket travel though

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

northwichcat

Established Member
Other than Crewe & Nantwich, D&G don't offer useful local zone day tickets. They do a Knutsford one but it only covers the town of Knutsford, excluding the larger employment sites just outside the town and it's only 20p cheaper than 2 x singles! Didn't Arriva offer a Macclesfield day ticket?

I don't use the 49 route myself but one of the grumbles with D&G seemed to be only an hourly service to Weaverham and it taking hours to source a replacement vehicle when the allocated one failed. At least now it's half hourly, so a failed bus shouldn't leave the route without a service for hours.

florence

There is a Macclesfield weekly ticket for £20 that also covers High Peak services which has boundaries of Lyme Green, Bollington, Hurdsfield and Prestbury so covers a decent area, I just feel that having a weekly priced at 10x singles doesn't really make a great deal of sense.

Simon75

On Moderation
There is a Macclesfield weekly ticket for £20 that also covers High Peak services which has boundaries of Lyme Green, Bollington, Hurdsfield and Prestbury so covers a decent area, I just feel that having a weekly priced at 10x singles doesn't really make a great deal of sense.
And there is no day ticket equivalent for Macclesfield