• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Daily Mail offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Do people have any specific trips in mind? My plan at the moment is a trip on Virgin from Manchester to Birmingham first class. Would be my first trip on a class 390 and on the west coast main line.

I've not been on a Pendo in SC yet.

Anyone know what its like?

I love FC on Pendos though- No Crap box's

I might be doing 645 miles of Voyagers & Pendos if my plan goes succesfully (But not DM)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gizmogle

Established Member
You mean the short way round?

Short way round? It was meanna be doing straight through to London rather than going around Brum! Took half an hour longer! Pfft! Nearly missed my connection!

voyagerdude220

Established Member
645 miles of Pongos and Vomits...ahem...oh sorry Pendos and Voyagers, how fantastic! :roll:...

;)

lol i don't want to book onto anything that *might* be a loco hauled set going where i don't want to be, unless It's very likely to be vice Voyager/ Vice Pendolino.

Anyone got any loco-hauled workings around the 14th-16th Feb which are likely to be on the network?

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Virgin HST hopefully although it depends when cheap tickets are available

£15 return HST both ways bargain :)

Code is VTMAIL and is now working

T

Tom

I'd say that quote means that the code worked, just VT aren't providing a service on the route you selected for capacity reasons.

adambro

Yes, the code works definitely. Try looking further ahead, I was looking for tickets for next Monday with no luck but pushing it back until the week after I find a very good choice of trains. I've just booked and got exactly what I was after. I've paid £20 for Manchester to Birmingham first class return (two £10 singles).

devon_metro

Established Member
I'd say that quote means that the code worked, just VT aren't providing a service on the route you selected for capacity reasons.

I have just tried a few random routes and they all seem to say the same thing.

:?

adambro

Well you can try the same route/date combo that I've successfully booked. Manchester to Birmingham on the 13th Feb, leaving after 0900, returning after 1230.

devon_metro

Established Member
Ok, Virgin had some usless offers down here. Newton abbot not on list so i decided to go to Westbury First Class for £7.50 Rtn.

Bargain :p

1D53

Established Member
I've managed to find some only on VT's site though.

Annoyingly you can get Leeds - Brum and Brum - Bournemouth but not Leeds - Bournemouth angry9:

Established Member
Last year the vouchers were not even asked for, let alone gripped. Use your single set of three vouchers as many times as you want...

1D53

Established Member
Looks like I'll be spending a long time on Voyagers in March!

Got two free trips on the 10 year giveaway, Newton Abbott and Edinburgh. Now just booked for Birmingham on the 28th March - FC down and SC back for a bargain of £15. Still p*ssed off I cant find any for Leeds - Bournemouth as I wanted to do the Lymington Line, I'll just have to delay it till my ALR in June/July. Gonna see when the GNER one comes out and try and bag myself a trip to either Aberdeen or Glasgow.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Looks like I'll be spending a long time on Voyagers in March!

Got two free trips on the 10 year giveaway,

How did you manage two free trips? Wasnt it limited to one per person?

1D53

Established Member
How did you manage two free trips? Wasnt it limited to one per person?

It was!

Although my Dad did Newton Abbott as a suprise for me, and I did Edinburgh as a suprise to him, only when he told me his suprise I told him mine! Luckily we both picked seperate days!

devon_metro

Established Member
It was!

Although my Dad did Newton Abbott as a suprise for me, and I did Edinburgh as a suprise to him, only when he told me his suprise I told him mine! Luckily we both picked seperate days!

What an excellent choice of station ;)

Its Newton Abbot btw, what date are you coming down?

1D53

Established Member
What an excellent choice of station ;)

Its Newton Abbot btw, what date are you coming down?

7th March with my old man.

Gonna head up to Dawlish, walk the sea wall, quick nip down the Paignton branch in time for the train back. 0705 off Leeds down (1203 in) and 1703 back (2210 in Leeds)

adambro

Yeah the GNER offer doesn't look amazing, especially when they've just emailed me to say that they're releasing 50% more tickets at the lowest prices for travel in March for booking in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.