• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

dB apprenticeship trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

flo041

"Location:

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom"

I've said they should amend it. Oh well, keep looking :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marx

I had a response to my email just a few days ago:

Thanks for your email

Your details are still being held in the talent pool and we will be in contact when positions are authorised to be released based upon the business need.

Once we have this authorisation we will be able to look at course dates.

We do not currently have timescales for when this will happen and we would like to thank you for your continued patience.

Take care and good luck
At least you got a reply .... does anyone else find it odd that they have a talent pool of trainee train driver candidates with no time scale as to when or if they will be placed on a course but have advertised for more trainee drivers albeit apprentice ones ?

JMH77

I applied for the Cambridge talent pool last night, presuming Cambridge would be where the depot is. Got an email today to say I'm over the 1 hour travel time allowed. Turns out its in Peterborough! Which itself is an hour from Cambridge. Very misleading!

That is very misleading and I'm sure will catch a few people out. Not to mention people from the Peterborough area who won't bother applying thinking they are too far away.
I applied yesterday and luckily I am half way between the two.

lambo89

Very quickly rejected for this one! Ashame as it is local for a change. Anyone having any luck?

MidlandsChap

I applied for the Cambridge talent pool last night, presuming Cambridge would be where the depot is. Got an email today to say I'm over the 1 hour travel time allowed. Turns out its in Peterborough! Which itself is an hour from Cambridge. Very misleading!

Interestingly I decided not to apply for the job in the end, because I would not have made the commute time for Cambridge and I assumed that would be non negotiable. Whereas I could have got to peterborough in about 35 minutes tops.

Last edited:

Sapra

Me too I keep checking my emails, I applied for Bescot..anyone else applied for that

Did anyone else apply for St Blazey?

I did, I just got an invite to an assessment day but they want me to go to Doncaster next week! (Is this the norm with DB not to hold it closer to the depot?) this is over 330miles away and I also have a dilemma that I took the first stage test with GWR last week but haven't had the results yet.

I feared this was going to happen, hardly ever do these positions come up and then 2 together in the space of a couple of weeks. Any advice?

Last edited:
I did, I just got an invite to an assessment day but they want me to go to Doncaster next week! (Is this the norm with DB not to hold it closer to the depot?) this is over 330miles away and I also have a dilemma that I did the first stage test with GWR last week but haven't had the results yet.

I feard this was going to happen, hardly ever do these positions come up and then 2 together in the space of a couple of weeks. Any advice?

I had 2 assessment invites for DB in Doncaster and I turned both down because of work commitments and also because it turned out they wanted me to resit all the tests because even though I had passed them with SWR, I still needed to do the MMI. I felt the risk of failing any of those tests and thus over-writing my SWR ones wasn't worth it.

It's not quite the same situation as yours but the same thing could happen and I don't think there's an easy answer!

Devon156

I did, I just got an invite to an assessment day but they want me to go to Doncaster next week! (Is this the norm with DB not to hold it closer to the depot?) this is over 330miles away and I also have a dilemma that I took the first stage test with GWR last week but haven't had the results yet.

I feared this was going to happen, hardly ever do these positions come up and then 2 together in the space of a couple of weeks. Any advice?
I got rejected within hours so thought it may have been advertised by mistake. Good luck with your application.

I got rejected within hours so thought it may have been advertised by mistake. Good luck with your application.

Thanks but I'm going to give it a few days as I have the GWR one in progress waiting on the result. If I pass hopefully I wouldn't have to do it with DB, if I fail I won't be able to do it anyway as it was only last week I took the test.

But other things about it are niggling me so I might pull out, they want me there for 9 am which means going up the night before probably having to stay there on the day as well as too long of a day to travel after a whole day with tests. Accommodation costs, £200 for train tickets or 11 hours of driving and I have one days holiday with my current job. As well as any follow-ups. Then I could still get turned down after going through all that. lol

Then if the GWR application progresses I'm in trouble with no days spare.

Numbnuts846

Thanks but I'm going to give it a few days as I have the GWR one in progress waiting on the result. If I pass hopefully I wouldn't have to do it with DB, if I fail I won't be able to do it anyway as it was only last week I took the test.

But other things about it are niggling me so I might pull out, they want me there for 9 am which means going up the night before probably having to stay there on the day as well as too long of a day to travel after a whole day with tests. Accommodation costs, £200 for train tickets or 11 hours of driving and I have one days holiday with my current job. As well as any follow-ups. Then I could still get turned down after going through all that. lol

Then if the GWR application progresses I'm in trouble with no days spare.

I expect you would sit the whole assessment if they want you for 9am , there is a premier inn not far from the test center it cost me £45 with evening meal and breakfast

Swings and roundabouts as to what you should do .

JMH77

Anyone heard anything more on this? I've just received an email asking for my NI number in order to proceed further with my application. Did I miss that on the initial application?

Teddyward

Anyone heard anything more on this? I've just received an email asking for my NI number in order to proceed further with my application. Did I miss that on the initial application?
Don’t be alarmed. Your NI number is used to log/checkyour psychometric test results.

Callmo

I applied for this on the 8th of June, I heard back from them inviting me to an assessment day on the 18 of June, which included all the tests in the morning and then a MMI in the afternoon. Thankfully I passed everything and now I’m just waiting for a confirmation letter in the post. I applied for the Peterborough depot, I understand they’re doing a depot at a time, for my assessment day there was just 3 of us and it was very laid back.

ForestRail

Well done! I'm still playing the check the email here, it's not been 2 weeks yet though.

JMH77

I applied for this on the 8th of June, I heard back from them inviting me to an assessment day on the 18 of June, which included all the tests in the morning and then a MMI in the afternoon. Thankfully I passed everything and now I’m just waiting for a confirmation letter in the post. I applied for the Peterborough depot, I understand they’re doing a depot at a time, for my assessment day there was just 3 of us and it was very laid back.

That doesn't bode well for me then as I applied for Peterborough too. Saying that the fact I received an email asking for my NI number and haven't had a straight rejection suggests they are still looking at that location. I might have been a bit later getting my application in though.

Status
Not open for further replies.