• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

dB apprenticeship trainee drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Applepie356

Anyone had any correspondence from the Dartford Talent pool that was very recently advertised?

Anyone had any correspondence from the Dartford Talent pool that was very recently advertised?

Nothing other than an acknowledgement email - but then I'm not expecting anything else at this stage given my previous experience of the glacial speed of railway recruitment!

Applepie356

Yes, I have an acknowledgment email which I got a week ago. I assume that’s an automated email sent out to everyone that’s applied

yomper11

I've had an email stating they are reviewing my application, I did mine the day after it came out, so they seem to be moving apace.

C001

I've had an email stating they are reviewing my application, I did mine the day after it came out, so they seem to be moving apace.

When I first applied I got a email every 2 weeks saying still going through them will be in touch then suddenly got a test day ... It’s taken 4 months so far and I’ve just got to the pre employment medical next Tuesday .

ForestRail

Got a call this afternoon saying I was unsuccessful sadly. Bit of a silver lining is they put me in the talent pool for ground staff/shunter so theres that.

Ziege

Does anyone know the realistic timeframe it will take to be qualified and driving mainline from this junior driver/apprenticeship role?
I understand it's only for a place in a talent pool, but just curious for more info on where it will take you...

MA8141

Does anyone know the realistic timeframe it will take to be qualified and driving mainline from this junior driver/apprenticeship role?
I understand it's only for a place in a talent pool, but just curious for more info on where it will take you...
Business dependant, if there’s a requirement to go mainline and you show more initiative than the rest, then I’m guessing that’s a good case to move on. If there’s no business need to move that way, in the yard you will stay ! That’s just my take on it from chatting to others.

Atishyou

It's a progressive role, so, as and when vacancies arise. Some juniors round some areas were juniors for about 6 months, some less than that. I know in some areas, they've been in the position for longer and will stay there until a vacancy arises.

JAC1991

Good afternoon,

I am travelling up to Doncaster for an assessment on the 10th October. I haven’t had much time to prepare for this as I was only invited Friday afternoon!

This is my first attempt at this so as you can imagine I am a bit nervous and trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I have a good idea now of what to expect on the day from this thread, but was wondering if anybody knows of any online tools I could use to prepare for the day?

Many thanks.

Good afternoon,

I am travelling up to Doncaster for an assessment on the 10th October. I haven’t had much time to prepare for this as I was only invited Friday afternoon!

This is my first attempt at this so as you can imagine I am a bit nervous and trying not to get my hopes up too much.

I have a good idea now of what to expect on the day from this thread, but was wondering if anybody knows of any online tools I could use to prepare for the day?

Many thanks.

The only test worth spending any time on IMO is the Group Bourden (dots) and there is a specific thread on here about it. You'll find a program that you can download and run on a PC which simulates the assessment and allows you to print out practise tests.

JAC1991

The only test worth spending any time on IMO is the Group Bourden (dots) and there is a specific thread on here about it. You'll find a program that you can download and run on a PC which simulates the assessment and allows you to print out practise tests.

Ok thanks mate, I’ll look into that.

Established Member
As atishyou says there should be more however db have just lost the Mendip Contract which is 80% of actons work so that depot everyone is hesitant on what's happening as in are they going to get tupeed over to somewhere else or depot transfer. Db have said there's plenty of work there for Acton drivers but myself I can't see it but its just a waiting game

No-one at Acton is getting Tuped across.

It is also no secret that Freightliner don't have enough drivers, so looks as if DB will get some of the work back.

a.james

Good afternoon,

Many thanks.

Ive just recently passed mine and as above I'd say concentrate on group bourdon and prep work for your MMI interview.
Have my DMI today, feeling more nervous about my interview than the assessments.

MA8141

Ive just recently passed mine and as above I'd say concentrate on group bourdon and prep work for your MMI interview.
Have my DMI today, feeling more nervous about my interview than the assessments.
Good luck ! What depot is it for ? Sorry if you’ve already said and I’ve missed it !

a.james

But they've not been specific on which depot. As I am in reasonable distance to South Yorkshire, Doncaster and Peak Forest it could be for any of those.

JAC1991

Thanks for the advice, well done and good luck for your DMI!

C001

Thanks for the advice, well done and good luck for your DMI!

Don’t be nervous .. I’ve had my DMI a month ago .. they are very relaxed ... seems to be basic questions tbh well mins was .. don’t know if it’s because of my railway background but it is relaxed and no pressure .

JAC1991

Don’t be nervous .. I’ve had my DMI a month ago .. they are very relaxed ... seems to be basic questions tbh well mins was .. don’t know if it’s because of my railway background but it is relaxed and no pressure .

Trying not to be haha. Also, for the TEA-Occ test with the two tones, do you have to count the certain tone in your head or can you use a pen and paper to mark every time you hear it?

Trying not to be haha. Also, for the TEA-Occ test with the two tones, do you have to count the certain tone in your head or can you use a pen and paper to mark every time you hear it?

You can't use a pen and paper, but you do have fingers of course!

MA8141

Does anyone know if there’s a timeframe on your medical once you’ve passed and waiting for a start date ?

Status
Not open for further replies.