• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DB Cargo - Trainee Train Driver (2021/2022)

M.o

A lot of valuable info on YouTube on howtobecome channel for train driving regarding every stage including interview etc

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ThePeakNed

Medical booked in for a couple of weeks time. How long on average did hear back regarding the results?

Shunted

Sounds similar to my experiences at Northern. What company do DB use, it’s not Medigold is it…?
Health Management I believe

So I got all my contracts and paperwork to fill in. Finally seems more real! I just want to know if there is anyone else starting on the 21st November at Toton? Be nice to get to know a few people before starting! :D
I’m starting on the 21st also, not had contracts yet but just returned uniform order form.
Looking forward to it, just over 3 weeks till start!

Last edited:

FlyingVixen

I’m starting on the 21st also, not had contracts yet but just returned uniform order form.
Oh my word this is amazing news!! So there is 5 of us altogether on here going on the 21st! I know! Can’t wait! 2 weeks left in my current job!

ThePeakNed

Cheers!

Praying I’m not a bit on the heavy side. Current employer was fine with it at my last medical, cutting it a bit fine to be trying to shift some pounds mind. Eek.

That’s awesome! It is an amazing feeling! There’s so many new drivers coming through!
I'm so happy. Been waiting since September to find out I'd kinda given up hope. Been following this thread a while seems its just a slower process for some. Just to let you know I'm another girl for Warrington

FlyingVixen

I'm so happy. Been waiting since September to find out I'd kinda given up hope. Been following this thread a while seems its just a slower process for some. Just to let you know I'm another girl for Warrington
Oh my god this is amazing!! It will be awesome to have another female there! Think I’m the only one on my course at the moment! It was a slow process for me in the beginning, but then very quick in the end. You’re very welcome to DM me if you like!

Nuttygooner

Well, it's been over a month since I heard from my medical - but have heard nothing regarding the risk assessment, or timeframes to work to, I am taking is as a "No without a no".

I have since been offered a driving position elsewhere, starting in January 2023. Shame, because I was really looking forward to, and really wanted to work for DB. I guess some things are just not meant to be.

ThePeakNed

Well, it's been over a month since I heard from my medical - but have heard nothing regarding the risk assessment, or timeframes to work to, I am taking is as a "No without a no".

I have since been offered a driving position elsewhere, starting in January 2023. Shame, because I was really looking forward to, and really wanted to work for DB. I guess some things are just not meant to be.
Which depot had you applied for out of curiosity?

Eddie77

Have you called them to see what the progress is?
If not I would do that on Monday

Nuttygooner

Have you called them to see what the progress is?
If not I would do that on Monday
I did - twice, and emailed 3 times, the last time was last week, sadly no response.

Obviously with getting the new starters and courses ready, they must be extremely busy.

ThePeakNed

I did - twice, and emailed 3 times, the last time was last week, sadly no response.

Obviously with getting the new starters and courses ready, they must be extremely busy.
It could be that, or the depot you have applied for is now at compliment / talent pool full. Never know. I’m sure they will no doubt email eventually.

Nuttygooner

It could be that, or the depot you have applied for is now at compliment / talent pool full. Never know. I’m sure they will no doubt email eventually.
I'll probably be a qualified driver at the place I am now going to, by then :lol:

So, am I right in understanding that despite being in the pool, given a course date, if you are declared temporarily unfit, you are removed from the pool and have to reapply again?

ThePeakNed

I'll probably be a qualified driver at the place I am now going to, by then :lol:

So, am I right in understanding that despite being in the pool, given a course date, if you are declared temporarily unfit, you are removed from the pool and have to reapply again?
I don’t want to give you a definitive answer, as truly I don’t know.

But I can certainly imagine it being the case.

In my current job, when someone fails a medical they’re on restricted duties until they pass another. I can easily imagine for new entrants, it’s just as easy to bounce people who don’t pass the medical first time round.

Last edited:

FlyingVixen

They do take their time to respond that’s for sure! It definitely must be with new people and courses to sort etc. As ThePeakNerd said, I’m sure they will get in touch. It is amazing that you still have a driver job!! That’s awesome! I really hope it all works out for you that way. You never know, you my come to DB eventually once qualified!

Medigold is in media city. You sure it isn’t that one?

Either way there are some streets around there you can park on.
It's called health management. In Regus Manchester. I'm having a little look on maps and there seems to be a few places to park near by so should be fine

Shunted

It's called health management. In Regus Manchester. I'm having a little look on maps and there seems to be a few places to park near by so should be fine
There’s a large multi storey car park attached to the shopping centre and you walk outside where all the restaurants are and the medical centre entrance is there