• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Decorations on a Class 321

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Train

Established Member
I've just been emailed this picture by a friend... what do people think? :D:lol:

(Image shows the interior of a Class 321 unit decorated liberally with banners and an inflatable clownfish)

Attachments

• Party train.jpg
    Party train.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 748
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That's a Renatus 321 and so is far better than a 720, but that's quite cool. Last time I saw something like that was Christmas decorations on a German DMU in the 90s.

Purple Train

Established Member
That's a Renatus 321 and so is far better than a 720, but that's quite cool. Last time I saw something like that was Christmas decorations on a German DMU in the 90s.
Whoops, my memory is clearly completely going. (Mind you, I don't like the Renatus 321s either, so my original sentiment still holds just about, but I'll amend the thread title. Thanks :))

Last edited:

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I mean, sure its perhaps a little over-the-top, but it certainly adds some "pop" to an otherwise rather brand interior!

I don't think I'd like it permanently, but as a one off or for a short period - why not?

Geml246

No doubt in connection with this -
Bargain ‘Bucket and Spade’ train trips to the coast are set to delight day trippers in Essex this summer.

The Essex and South Suffolk Community Rail Partnership and Greater Anglia will run three special trains on Tuesday 2, Tuesday 16 and Tuesday 30 August which will take families from Colchester to a day of seaside fun at Walton-on-the-Naze.

Return tickets are just £5 per adult and £3 per child (under-1s go free) – and every child receives a free bucket and spade.

Established Member
Always great to see the fun kids have with these events. For some it is their 'holiday'.

Established Member
Fire hazard.
You must be fun at parties.

I've got nothing against it, but you know what health and safety is like these days. Surprised it was allowed is all I'm saying.
What about the hundreds of newspapers left on trains in the morning and evening peaks? More so 5-6 years ago?

RailWonderer

Established Member
The 720 has a better ride quality and ambiance (not the dental clinic feel) but for seat comfort the renatus units are better. The 720s have poor legroom and narrow aisles. I sit in the declassified first class on the renatus with carpets, 2+2 seats, armrests and tables. Far superior to a 720.

GoneSouth

That looks like a really tacky seaside gift shop, horrible, but fun for a promotional event I guess. Can’t see it all surviving a Saturday night crowd intact though

Established Member
That looks like a really tacky seaside gift shop, horrible, but fun for a promotional event I guess. Can’t see it all surviving a Saturday night crowd intact though
This stuff is normally put up for special runs with staff onboard, and then removed at the end of the "event", from my own experience with mainline Santa Specials at one of the TOCs I used to work for

Status
Not open for further replies.