• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Delay Repay Thresholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

twpsaesneg

I recently had cause to claim delay repay from TPE due to a cancellation, causing me a 60 minute delay through having to get the next service, timetabled 60 minutes later. This service came into my destination bang on 60 minutes after my original arrival time so it should go through without problems.

However, I have a question for those in the know - had the following service arrived at my destination earlier than the GBTT time (which it frequently does due to recovery time en route) would I have been eligible to claim for 60 minutes delay or would I have had to claim for the actual delay based on the train running early?

Presumably the threshold times have been set at 15 / 30 / 60 in order to compensate passengers fairly when trains are cancelled, so I'm interested to know what the policy is.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Delay Repay is based on the delay to your journey so if the next train arrives early then TOCs can (and in my experience do) use this to their advantage.

It works the other way as well though if the following train is a minute or two late which can cause a larger delay overall.

twpsaesneg

Delay Repay is based on the delay to your journey so if the next train arrives early then TOCs can (and in my experience do) use this to their advantage.

It works the other way as well though if the following train is a minute or two late which can cause a larger delay overall.
Thanks!

snail

Established Member
I do wonder sometimes how they work it out. I was on a TPE train a couple of weeks ago that got stuck at Blackrod behind a failed Northern unit. After about 20 minutes it was sent back to Preston, arriving just in time to catch the next TPE service (so an hour's delay). They calculated my delay at 15-29 minutes.

A Challenge

Established Member
I do wonder sometimes how they work it out. I was on a TPE train a couple of weeks ago that got stuck at Blackrod behind a failed Northern unit. After about 20 minutes it was sent back to Preston, arriving just in time to catch the next TPE service (so an hour's delay). They calculated my delay at 15-29 minutes.
Assuming you were delayed by more than 30 minutes then you should appeal that.

Status
Not open for further replies.