• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Different Driver Depot, Route and Traction cards

craigybagel

Established Member
Hiya. OP mentions that Grove Park (Southeastern) sign "all metro routes". Just for the sake of clarity: is this inclusive of the following?

1. Grove Park - Bromley North

2. From CHX:
CHX (Charing Cross) - HYS (Hayes)
CHX - GRV (Gravesend) via Sidcup
CHX - DFD (Dartford) via Sidcup
CHX - SEV (Sevenoaks)
CHX - DFD (Dartford) via Bexleyheath

3. From CST:
CST (Cannon Street) - GRV (Gravesend) via Lewisham + Woolwich
Rounders: CST - SGR (Slade Green) - CST (via Bexleyheath / Greenwich)
CST - ORP (Orpington) via Grove Park

4. From VIC:
VIC (Victoria) - DFD (Dartford) via Lewisham

5. Anything from BFR? (Blackfriars) / route learning for engineering work?

I don't know the answer, please don't take this post as confirmation. Thank you to anyone willing to take time out of their day to answer. ;)
No idea I'm afraid, that's just what was passed on to me. The Southeastern network is arguably the most complex of any TOC in the country, and I don't have the knowledge base to go any more in depth than what I've been given.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class2ldn

Its been a while since I was there but grove Park link 2 used to sign all metro routes except blackfriars to Denmark Hill via elephant and didn't sign from blackfriars to met junction, that was only link 1 but might have changed now. AFAIK still sign to Gillingham as well but not 100% since TL go down there now

Undaunted

Thanks @craigybagel for maintaining this list, which for someone who many years ago compiled diagrams for the Southern's South Western Division is very interesting (Salisbury drivers working EMUs?...Bourrnemouth drivers signing the Portsmouth direct?...would never have happened in my day!).

Anyway, a minor point on the SWR list - I think you can safely remove the class 456 from Farnham and Feltham depots.

craigybagel

Established Member
Strangely no - from December they'll go into whichever has a vacancy, so in theory Carlisle is no longer seniority dependent.
Thinking about it some more, it seems especially weird that the PM only link is the one that signs all routes like the old senior link when in my experience PM shifts are less popular and I would expect that to be more of a starter link thing. It'll be interesting to see if it proves popular and spreads to other depots?
Thanks @craigybagel for maintaining this list, which for someone who many years ago compiled diagrams for the Southern's South Western Division is very interesting (Salisbury drivers working EMUs?...Bourrnemouth drivers signing the Portsmouth direct?...would never have happened in my day!).

Anyway, a minor point on the SWR list - I think you can safely remove the class 456 from Farnham and Feltham depots.
No problem. I never expected the whole thing to get completed in the first place, but now it is I figured I might as well keep it as up to date as possible! I've removed the leftover 456s, I must have missed them when I took them off the other depots.
Northern Leeds drivers will be losing Skipton - Carlisle from December.
Very surprised by this.

Last edited:

InkyScrolls

Thinking about it some more, it seems especially weird that the PM only link is the one that signs all routes like the old senior link when in my experience PM shifts are less popular and I would expect that to be more of a starter link thing. It'll be interesting to see if it proves popular and spreads to other depots?
The thinking is that, as AM is likely to be over-subscribed, there had to be something to sweeten the PM pot!
Very surprised by this.
[Regarding Leeds losing Carlisle work] Yes, same. There's an outside chance the decision may be reversed but at the moment that's the state of play. Skipton will gain the Leeds-crew diagrams.

Neptune

Established Member
Northern Leeds drivers will be losing Skipton - Carlisle from December.
Looking at it Carlisle is in the Leeds diagrams for December (the Traincrew diagrammers look to have more or less finished D23). Minimal changes from May.

If it had to be removed from Leeds at this late stage either the D23 timetable change would be put at huge risk or the upcoming STP blocks. These sorts of changes would need to be negotiated well in advance of a timetable change (minimum 6 months) to allow for proper planning of it and mutual exchange of work between the depots.

InkyScrolls

Looking at it Carlisle is in the Leeds diagrams for December (the Traincrew diagrammers look to have more or less finished D23). Minimal changes from May.

If it had to be removed from Leeds at this late stage either the D23 timetable change would be put at huge risk or the upcoming STP blocks. These sorts of changes would need to be negotiated well in advance of a timetable change (minimum 6 months) to allow for proper planning of it and mutual exchange of work between the depots.
That's interesting - in which case either I've got my wires crossed or been spun one by a DTM, who shall remain nameless!

Odyssey

HSTs now withdrawn from all CrossCountry depots.
West Midlands Trains also have a depot at Tyseley for shunt moves around the depot only staffed by fully qualified mainline drivers. Not sure if you feel this merits an additional depot section?

craigybagel

Established Member
HSTs now withdrawn from all CrossCountry depots.
West Midlands Trains also have a depot at Tyseley for shunt moves around the depot only staffed by fully qualified mainline drivers. Not sure if you feel this merits an additional depot section?
Thanks, I've removed XC HSTs from all depots. I think I'll leave Tyseley out unless other people feel different - adding depot drivers, even though at Tyseley they're mainline qualified, will probably over complicate things.

Odyssey

Thanks, I've removed XC HSTs from all depots. I think I'll leave Tyseley out unless other people feel different - adding depot drivers, even though at Tyseley they're mainline qualified, will probably over complicate things.
OK. Just thought I'd mention as depot staffed by fully qualified drivers as opposed to depot drivers in a different grade and they do advertise vacancies there. But agree it would complicate things.
If I can get enough info together about different TOCs I'll look into maybe starting a depot drivers thread. Though with the range of different operating practices out there it would be difficult!

Grvrdvicdr

Southeastern

Dover and Ramsgate no longer sign strood diversion

Slade green no longer sign 375s which now means no strood-tonbridge

Victoria no longer sign Ashford-Canterbury (also sign all metro routes apart from Bromley north)

craigybagel

Established Member
OK. Just thought I'd mention as depot staffed by fully qualified drivers as opposed to depot drivers in a different grade and they do advertise vacancies there. But agree it would complicate things.
If I can get enough info together about different TOCs I'll look into maybe starting a depot drivers thread. Though with the range of different operating practices out there it would be difficult!
Sounds like a good idea.
Southeastern

Victoria no longer sign Ashford-Canterbury (also sign all metro routes apart from Bromley north)
Cheers. I'm away at the moment but I'll get that updated as soon as I can.

iphone76

Little update from MTR EL.

Ilford, Gidea Park and Shenfield no longer have Hayes to West Drayton for contingency.
Maidenhead no longer have Liverpool Street High Level for contingency.

craigybagel

Established Member
Southeastern

Little update from MTR EL.

Ilford, Gidea Park and Shenfield no longer have Hayes to West Drayton for contingency.
Maidenhead no longer have Liverpool Street High Level for contingency.
Thanks, all duly updated along with some additions at TPE Sheffield I've had a PM about.

craigybagel

Established Member
Eurostar no longer go to Marne-la-Vallée.. and we also all sign Class 08 :)
My apologies, I could have sworn I deleted Marne-la-Valée when that service ended. Wasn't aware they still signed 08s, quite happy to add that on!

Last edited by a moderator:

craigybagel

Established Member
I've just gone through every depot and updated some things that I know have changed (for example, deleting 175s from TfW and 707s from SWR) - as always if anybody is aware of any inaccuracies, or can fill in any missing information (some depots are notably more bare bones than others) please do let me know - either by replying to this thread or via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

stadler

I am not sure if you are interested in this or not but i have aquired the current up to date Irish Rail drivers information.

----------------

Athlone Depot:
Athlone Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Athlone to Dublin Heuston
Athlone to Galway
Athlone to Westport
North Wall Freight Depot to Dublin Heuston

Amount:
18 Drivers

Ballina Depot:
Ballina Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Ballina to Manulla Junction
Westport to Manulla Junction

Amount:
11 Drivers

Bray Depot:
Bray Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Howth Junction to Greystones
Howth Junction to Howth
Howth Junction to Malahide

Amount:
45 Drivers

Cork Depot:
Cork Depot:

Classes:
201+MK4+DVT

Routes:
Cobh to Cork
Midleton to Cork
Mallow to Dublin Heuston
Mallow to Cork
Mallow to Tralee

Amount:
59 Drivers

Drogheda Depot:
Drogheda Depot

Classes:

Routes:
Dublin Pearse to Dundalk
Navan Tara Mines to Drogheda

Amount:
32 Drivers

Dublin Connolly Depot:
Dublin Connolly Depot:

Classes:
201+DD+DVT

Routes:
Belfast Lanyon Place to Dundalk
Broombridge to Dublin Docklands
Drumcondra / Clontarf Rd to Dublin Docks
Drumcondra / Contarf Rd to North Wall Freight Depot
Drumcondra to Inchicore
Dublin Connolly to Dundalk
Dublin Connolly to M3 Parkway
Dublin Connolly to Rosslare Europort
Dublin Connolly to Sligo

Amount:
90 Drivers

Dublin Heuston Depot:
Dublin Heuston Depot:

Classes:
201+MK4+DVT

Routes:
Dublin Heuston to Dublin Grand Canal Dock
Dublin Heuston to Cork
Dublin Heuston to Galway
Dublin Heuston to Waterford
Dublin Heuston Yard
Laois Train Care Depot Yard
Inchicore Yard
Portlaoise Yard

Amount:
72 Drivers

Dundalk Depot:
Dundalk Depot:

Classes:
201+DD+DVT

Routes:
Belfast Lanyon Place to Dundalk
Dublin Pearse to Dundalk

Amount:
12 Drivers

Fairview Depot:
Fairview Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Howth Junction to Greystones
Howth Junction to Howth
Howth Junction to Malahide

Amount:
61 Drivers

Galway Depot:
Galway Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Galway to Dublin Heuston
Galway to Limerick

Amount:
18 Drivers

Laoise Train Care Depot:
Laois Train Care Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Dublin Heuston to Mallow
Dublin Heuston Yard
Laois Train Care Depot Yard

Amount:
13 Drivers

Limerick Depot:
Limerick Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Dublin Heuston to Ballybrophy
Limerick to Ballybrophy via Nenagh
Limerick to Ballybrophy via Thurles
Limerick to Galway
Limerick to Limerick Junction
Limerick to Waterford

Amount:
43 Drivers

Longford Depot:
Longford Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Sligo to Dublin Connolly

Amount:
5 Drivers

Mallow Depot:
Mallow Depot:

Classes:
201+MK4+DVT

Routes:
Mallow to Dublin Heuston
Mallow to Cork
Mallow to Tralee

Amount:
8 Drivers

Mullingar Depot:
Mullingar Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Sligo to Dublin Connolly
North Wall Freight Depot to Drumcondra

Amount:
1 Drivers

Portlaoise Permanent Way Depot:

Classes:
All Permanent Way Stock

Routes:
Entire Irish Rail Network

Amount:
7 Drivers

Sligo Depot:
Sligo Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Sligo to Dublin Connolly

Amount:
14 Drivers

Tralee Depot:
Tralee Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Mallow to Cork
Mallow to Tralee

Amount:
3 Drivers

Waterford Depot:
Waterford Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Portarlington to Kildare
Rosslare Europort to Dublin Connolly
Waterford to Dublin Heuston
Waterford to Belview
Waterford to Limerick Junction

Amount:
28 Drivers

Westport Depot:
Westport Depot:

Classes:

Routes:
Westport to Athlone

Amount:
11 Drivers

----------------

I know it is not really the UK but many of their drivers drive trains in to the UK (NI) and the railway network is certainly the most similar to ours.

Tester

I am not sure if you are interested in this or not but i have aquired the current up to date Irish Rail drivers information.

----------------

Athlone Depot:

Ballina Depot:

Bray Depot:

Cork Depot:

Drogheda Depot:

Dublin Connolly Depot:

Dublin Heuston Depot:

Dundalk Depot:

Fairview Depot:

Galway Depot:

Laoise Train Care Depot:

Limerick Depot:

Longford Depot:

Mallow Depot:

Mullingar Depot:

Sligo Depot:

Tralee Depot:

Waterford Depot:

Westport Depot:

----------------

I know it is not really the UK but many of their drivers drive trains in to the UK (NI) and the railway network is certainly the most similar to ours.
It's certainly of interest to me!

craigybagel

Established Member

----------------

Athlone Depot:

Ballina Depot:

Bray Depot:

Cork Depot:

Drogheda Depot:

Dublin Connolly Depot:

Dublin Heuston Depot:

Dundalk Depot:

Fairview Depot:

Galway Depot:

Laoise Train Care Depot:

Limerick Depot:

Longford Depot:

Mallow Depot:

Mullingar Depot:

Sligo Depot:

Tralee Depot:

Waterford Depot:

Westport Depot:

----------------

This is wonderful, thank you very much. As soon as I get chance I'll add these to the list, unless the mods object. Anyone who knows me in person will understand why this list is of particular interest to me.

A few questions if I may:
Is there any linking structure in place at the larger depots? I'd always assumed that not all the drivers at Connolly for example signed all the way to Rosslare? But then I'd always assumed that none of them signed that far, and that drivers still worked to the crossing point like how Sligo was worked for years.....

Speaking of Rosslare, I was under the impression there was a depot there, but obviously it's not listed. Are the early starters from Rosslare covered by Waterford these days?

Do Ballina really only go as far as Manulla Junction? I would have expected Claremorris at the very least if not all the way to Athlone?

Also I bet there's an interesting story behind that one driver in Mullingar!

Thanks again

stadler

It's certainly of interest to me!
This is wonderful, thank you very much. As soon as I get chance I'll add these to the list, unless the mods object. Anyone who knows me in person will understand why this list is of particular interest to me.

A few questions if I may:
Is there any linking structure in place at the larger depots? I'd always assumed that not all the drivers at Connolly for example signed all the way to Rosslare? But then I'd always assumed that none of them signed that far, and that drivers still worked to the crossing point like how Sligo was worked for years.....

Speaking of Rosslare, I was under the impression there was a depot there, but obviously it's not listed. Are the early starters from Rosslare covered by Waterford these days?

Do Ballina really only go as far as Manulla Junction? I would have expected Claremorris at the very least if not all the way to Athlone?

Also I bet there's an interesting story behind that one driver in Mullingar!

Thanks again
No worries. Glad it is of use. I have just checked now regarding your questions.

Ireland does not have links in the same way that the UK does. All depots sign all routes. However at the largest depots (Dublin Connolly and Dublin Heuston) drivers will not sign every route from day one. When the drivers first pass out they will sign a more limited selection of routes. For at Dublin Connolly this is normally just the Dublin Pearse and Dublin Docklands to Dundalk and Maynooth and M3 Parkway routes initially and for at Dublin Heuston this is normally just the Dublin Heuston to Cork and Galway routes initially. Then the drivers will gradually sign all of the other routes within the next twelve to eighteen months. But eventually all drivers sign all routes so there is no links. At all of the other depots they sign the full selection of routes from day one.

Ballina depot does indeed just sign Ballina to Manulla and Westport to Manulla only. Ballina drivers just work the Manulla Junction to Ballina shuttle only. The only exception is one train a day in each direction between Manulla Junction and Westport which a Ballina driver works over this short section only.

Rosslare no longer has a depot. It used to but it closed many years ago. Waterford then started signing the Rosslare to Dublin route to cover the early morning and late evening trains that start and finish at Rosslare station. The drivers are taxied to and from Waterford depot. Quite a few of the Rosslare drivers transferred to Waterford when the depot closed.

Mullingar has always been the smallest drivers depot. They have had just one driver based there for over fifteen years. I am not sure on the story behind it but i will try and find out more. There is also a similar situation with Guards at Dundalk depot which has just one Guard based there.

Driver diagrams in Ireland can be rather odd and certainly make for interesting reading. Despite being a small network there are some journeys that use three drivers (meaning two driver changeovers) in one journey. They way they work out all the diagrams is certainly interesting.

Let me know if you have any other questions and i will try and find out.

InkyScrolls

No worries. Glad it is of use. I have just checked now regarding your questions.

Ireland does not have links in the same way that the UK does. All depots sign all routes. However at the largest depots (Dublin Connolly and Dublin Heuston) drivers will not sign every route from day one. When the drivers first pass out they will sign a more limited selection of routes. For at Dublin Connolly this is normally just the Dublin Pearse and Dublin Docklands to Dundalk and Maynooth and M3 Parkway routes initially and for at Dublin Heuston this is normally just the Dublin Heuston to Cork and Galway routes initially. Then the drivers will gradually sign all of the other routes within the next twelve to eighteen months. But eventually all drivers sign all routes so there is no links. At all of the other depots they sign the full selection of routes from day one.

Ballina depot does indeed just sign Ballina to Manulla and Westport to Manulla only. Ballina drivers just work the Manulla Junction to Ballina shuttle only. The only exception is one train a day in each direction between Manulla Junction and Westport which a Ballina driver works over this short section only.

Rosslare no longer has a depot. It used to but it closed many years ago. Waterford then started signing the Rosslare to Dublin route to cover the early morning and late evening trains that start and finish at Rosslare station. The drivers are taxied to and from Waterford depot. Quite a few of the Rosslare drivers transferred to Waterford when the depot closed.

Mullingar has always been the smallest drivers depot. They have had just one driver based there for over fifteen years. I am not sure on the story behind it but i will try and find out more. There is also a similar situation with Guards at Dundalk depot which has just one Guard based there.

Driver diagrams in Ireland can be rather odd and certainly make for interesting reading. Despite being a small network there are some journeys that use three drivers (meaning two driver changeovers) in one journey. They way they work out all the diagrams is certainly interesting.

Let me know if you have any other questions and i will try and find out.
I for one world be fascinated to learn more about the crewing situation in Ireland - if you had the time and inclination to do so, perhaps a dedicated thread would be in order?

DaveD82

Hi all,

I’ve had a wee look through all of the replies but I can’t seem to see the info I’m after if anyone can help.

Is there an updated route and traction card for LNER drivers based at Doncaster?

I believe it’s only a small depot - any ideas how many drivers are based there?

Thanks all!

craigybagel

Established Member
I for one world be fascinated to learn more about the crewing situation in Ireland - if you had the time and inclination to do so, perhaps a dedicated thread would be in order?
If the mods want to set up another thread for discussing these things I'd definitely appreciate that.
Hi all,

I’ve had a wee look through all of the replies but I can’t seem to see the info I’m after if anyone can help.

Is there an updated route and traction card for LNER drivers based at Doncaster?

I believe it’s only a small depot - any ideas how many drivers are based there?

Thanks all!
As far as I'm aware the info for LNER Doncaster is still up to date - nobody has told me otherwise anyway.

Grvrdvicdr

If the mods want to set up another thread for discussing these things I'd definitely appreciate that.

As far as I'm aware the info for LNER Doncaster is still up to date - nobody has told me otherwise anyway.
I’ve sent you a PM mate about some routes. Can help help with more

berneyarms

Established Member
----------------

Athlone Depot:

Ballina Depot:

Bray Depot:

Cork Depot:

Drogheda Depot:

Dublin Connolly Depot:

Dublin Heuston Depot:

Dundalk Depot:

Fairview Depot:

Galway Depot:

Laoise Train Care Depot:

Limerick Depot:

Longford Depot:

Mallow Depot:

Mullingar Depot:

Sligo Depot:

Tralee Depot:

Waterford Depot:

Westport Depot:

----------------

To correct you on some of the above:

Ballina drivers also work the freight trains from Ballina to Athlone.

They do not work to Westport.

Athlone drivers also drive the freight from Athlone to Ballina.

Also, Rosslare is still a depot - the drivers based there don’t work any other route apart from Rosslare-Connolly. Waterford drivers act as relief cover when needed.

On traction:
Cork drivers also know the 2800s

Limerick drivers also know the 2600s

Waterford and Westport drivers also know Class 201 locomotives

Some Cork drivers would know Class 071 locomotives

Last edited:

mwest123

One of the most common questions asked on this forum is what do train crew at a particular depot sign. Given we have an excellent thread listing every depot for every TOC in the country, and we have staff representing most if not all TOCs as well, I've been attempting to collate a list of every Passenger Driver Depot on the National Rail network, and the routes and traction that drivers at those depots are expected to sign.

I've copied the list of depots over from the other thread (and thanks to @godfreycomplex for doing a great job of updating it) and now that it's complete, I'm hoping we can keep it as up to date as possible.

I would like to be able to do freight at some point but have held off for now as at many depots it's a bit more of a grey area of different drivers signing different bits. For those looking for Guards depots, _toommm_ has created a thread here.

In the interests of clarity and saving time in what is a very long list, whilst I'm listing all routes signed at each depot I'm not normally listing traction depots/stabling points, unless access to those depots forms a route in it's own right (for example, Wolverhampton based Avanti drivers sign all the way to Barton under Needwood to bring 221s on and off the Bombardier facility there). I am though trying to distinguish between which routes/tractions are only signed by certain links at each depot, and give full details of what links do what work when that information is available.

If anybody is able to help add to this list,or to correct any errors or out of date information that may have appeared, please pass your information on to me, either via a PM or by replying to the thread below, and I'll try to update the top post ASAP.

As always, whilst I try to keep this list as accurate as possible, no guarantees are given as to how accurate the below information is - For best results, speak to an ASLEF rep at the depot concerned!

Train Operating Companies - A-G

Avanti West Coast

Edinburgh

Traction:
Routes:
Preston - Glasgow (including various diversions around Glasgow)
Carstairs - Edinburgh

Euston
Traction:
221 (link dependent),390
Routes:
London - Preston (via Trent Valley and West Midlands, plus too many diversions to list)
Crewe/Colwich Junction - Manchester Piccadilly
Crewe - Chester (link dependent)
Weaver Junction - Liverpool Lime Street (link dependent)

Holyhead
Traction
Routes:
Holyhead - Crewe including Crewe L&NWR (Carriage Sidings)
Chester - Crewe via Warrington

Liverpool Lime Street
Traction:
Routes:
London - Liverpool Lime Street (via Trent Valley and West Midlands, plus
too many diversions to list)
Crewe - Holyhead
Chester - Wrexham General

Manchester Piccadilly
Traction:
221 (link dependant),390
Routes:
Link
London - Crewe (via Trent Valley and West Midlands, plus too many diversions to list)
Crewe/Colwich Junction - Manchester Piccadilly
Crewe - Preston (link dependent)

Polmadie
Traction:
Routes:
Carstairs - Edinburgh

Preston
Traction:
Routes:
London - Preston (via Trent Valley and West Midlands, plus too many diversions to list)
Carstairs - Edinburgh (link dependent)
Preston - Blackpool (link dependent)
Crewe - Chester (link dependent)

Wolverhampton
Traction:
Routes:
Wolverhampton - Shrewsbury (link dependent)
Barton under Needwood - Lichfield/Birmingham New Street

c2c

East Ham
Mainline drivers (part time)
Traction:
357, 720
Routes:
London Fenchurch Street - Shoeburyness via Purfleet and Basildon
Upminster - Grays
Bow Jn to Gas Factory Jn
Mainline drivers (full time)
Traction:
357, 720
Routes:
Upminster - Grays
Barking - London Liverpool Street
Bow Jn to Gas Factory Jn and Forest Gate Jn to Chadwell Heath Turnback Siding including Ilford Depot (only signed by some)

Shoeburyness
Mainline drivers (part time)
Traction:
357, 720
Routes:
Upminster - Grays
Bow Jn - Gas Factory Jn
Mainline drivers (full time)
Traction:
357, 720

Routes:
Upminster - Grays
Barking - London Liverpool Street
Bow Jn to Gas Factory Jn and Forest Gate Jn to Chadwell Heath Turnback Siding including Ilford Depot (only signed by some)

Chiltern

Aylesbury
Traction:
Routes:
London Marylebone - Birmingham Snow Hill
London - Aylesbury Vale via Amersham
Princes Risborough - Aylesbury
Bicester - Oxford

Banbury
Traction:
Routes:
London - Aylesbury via Amersham
Bicester - Oxford
Banbury - Oxford
Leamington Spa - Stratford

Birmingham Moor Street
Traction:
Routes:
London Marylebone - Kidderminster
London - Aylesbury via Amersham
Leamington Spa - Stratford

Marylebone
Traction:
68/DVT,165,168
Routes:
London - Aylesbury Vale via Amersham
Bicester - Oxford

Stourbridge Junction
Traction:
68/DVT,165,168,
Routes:
London Marylebone - Stourbridge Junction
Cross Country

Birmingham New Street
Traction: 170,220/1
Routes:
Birmingham New Street - Cardiff
Birmingham - Derby - Nottingham
Birmingham - Manchester
Birmingham - Reading
Reading - Bournemouth (link dependant)
Birmingham - Bristol
Birmingham - Leicester
Leicester - Cambridge (link dependant)
Various diversions for all above routes

Bristol Temple Meads
Traction:
170,220/1
Routes:
Plymouth - Bristol - Birmingham New Street
Newton Abbot - Paignton
Bristol - Cardiff
Newport - Gloucester
Various diversions for the above

Bournemouth
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Bournemouth - Basingstoke - Reading - Leamington - Coventry - Birmingham New Street
Leamington - Solihull - Birmingham
various diversions for the above

Cambridge
Traction:
Routes:
Stansted Airport - Cambridge - Leicester - Birmingham New Street

Derby
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Bristol - Birmingham - Derby - Leeds/Doncaster - Newcastle
Various diversions for the above

Edinburgh
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Edinburgh - Leeds
Edinburgh - Glasgow Central (via Carstairs, plus various diversions)
Edinburgh - Dundee - Aberdeen

Leeds
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Birmingham New Street - Leeds - Newcastle
Sheffield - Doncaster - York
various other diversions

Leicester
Traction:
Routes:
Leicester - Birmingham - Nottingham - Leicester triangle

Manchester Piccadilly
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Manchester Piccadilly - Birmingham New Street (via Stoke, and Crewe, and with various other diversions)
Birmingham - Reading (via Coventry and Solihull)

Newcastle
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Derby - Leeds/Doncaster - Edinburgh, plus various diversions

Plymouth
Traction:
220/1
Routes:
Plymouth - Bristol - Birmingham (plus diversions)
Plymouth - Penzance

East Midlands Railway

Boston
Traction:
Routes:
Nottingham - Skegness
Nottingham - Lincoln
Lincoln - Grimsby Town
Lincoln - Sleaford

Derby
Traction:
08,158,170,222,360. Most traction link dependant
Routes:
Sheffield - London St Pancras via Derby and Nottingham and various diversions
Nottingham - Lincoln (Link dependant)
Crewe - Derby - Matlock (Link dependant)
Depending on link drivers sign one of the above 3 link dependant routes

Kettering
Traction:
222, 360
Routes:
London - Corby, Nottingham and Derby

Lincoln
Traction:
Routes:
Leicester - Nottingham - Lincoln
Lincoln - Sleaford - Peterborough
Lincoln - Doncaster
Lincoln - Cleethorpes
Habrough - Barton on Humber

St Pancras
Traction:
Routes:
London - Corby, Nottingham and Sheffield via Midland Mainline + Manton diversion

Norwich
Traction:
Routes:
Nottingham - Norwich (via Grantham and via Oakham, inc. Ely West Curve)
Nottingham - Leicester

Nottingham
Traction:
Routes:
Nottingham - Worksop (inc. diversionary route via Pinxton) and Worksop - Manton Wood Colliery
Leicester - Nottingham - Lincoln including Newark Northgate
Lincoln - Sleaford - Peterborough
Nottingham - Skegness
Nottingham - Norwich (via Grantham and via Oakham, inc. Ely West Curve)
Nottingham - Derby (inc. via Castle Donington) - Matlock
Derby - Crewe plus Crewe LNW depot
Nottingham - Sheffield (inc. diversionary routes via Toton, via Derby and via Beighton)
Sheffield - Man Picc (via Stockport and via Romiley)
Man Picc - Liverpool Lime St (via Cheshire Lines and via Chat Moss)
Some Routes are link dependant

Eurostar

St Pancras

Traction:
Routes:
London St Pancras - Paris Gare du Nord
Lille - Bruxelles Midi (link dependent)

Hull Trains

Hull
Traction:
Routes:
Hull - London Kings Cross (including diversions via Goole, Sleaford, Cambridge, Hertford and others)
Hull - Beverley

Gatwick Express

Victoria:
Traction:
Routes:
Victoria - Brighton via BML both Quarry lines and Redhill line

Grand Central

Bradford

Traction:
Routes:
Bradford Interchange - London Kings Cross via Halifax and Pontefract Monkhill
Bradford - Leeds
Leeds - Wakefield Kirkgate via Normanton
Leeds - Wakefield Kirkgate via Wakefield Westgate
Wakefield Kirkgate - Doncaster via Hare Park
York - Doncaster ECML
Hertford Loop
Doncaster - Peterborough via Lincoln (not all drivers sign)
Lincoln - Newark (not all drivers sign)
Doncaster - Robert's Road (not all drivers sign)
Greetland Jn - Hebden Bridge
Dryclough Jn - Milner Royd Jn

Sunderland
Traction:
Routes:
Sunderland - London Kings Cross (including many diversion routes)
Sunderland - Newcastle - Heaton Depot

Greater Anglia

Bishops Stortford
Traction:
Routes:
Liverpool St - Cambridge North via Lea Valley and Southbury
Branches to Stansted Airport/Hertford East
Coppermill Jn - Stratford (all routes)
Liverpool St - Seven Kings for Ilford CS

Cambridge
Traction:
Routes
Liverpool St - Ely via Lea Valley and Southbury

Clacton
Traction:
Routes:
Liverpool St - Ipswich
Stratford - Orient Way
Witham - Braintree
Colchester - Clacton-on-Sea direct and via Colchester Town
Thorpe-le-Soken - Walton-on-Naze
Manningtree - Harwich Town

Colchester
Traction:
Routes:
Colchester - London Liverpool Street
Witham - Braintree
Marks Tey - Sudbury
Colchester - Clacton/Walton on Naze
Colchester - Colchester Town
Colchester - Ipswich
Ipswich - Peterborough (link dependent)
Stratford - Orient Way

Ilford
Traction:
08 (depot link), 720
Routes:
Liverpool St - Ipswich
Stratford - Orient Way
Shenfield - Southend Victoria
Wickford - Southminster
Witham - Braintree

Ipswich
Traction:
Routes:
Ipswich - London Liverpool Street
Ipswich - Norwich
Manningtree - Harwich
Ipswich - Lowestoft/Felixtowe
Stowmarket - Cambridge/Peterborough
Lowestoft - Norwich

Liverpool Street (Ex Anglia)
Traction:
Routes:
London Liverpool Street - Norwich
Manningtree - Harwich

Liverpool Street (Ex WAGN)
Traction:
Routes:
Liverpool St - Cambridge North via Lea Valley and Southbury
Liverpool St - Seven Kings for Ilford CS

Norwich
Traction:
Routes:
Norwich - London Liverpool Street
Norwich - Great Yarmouth/Lowestoft
Lowestoft - Ipswich
Ipswich - Felixtowe
Norwich - Cromer - Sheringham
Norwich - Cambridge

Southend
Traction:
Routes:
Liverpool St to Braintree
Stratford to Orient Way
Shenfield to Southend Victoria
Wickford to Southminster

Great Northern

Cambridge
Traction:
Routes:
(Brighton Link)
Cambridge - Kings Lynn
Cambridge - Kings cross
Cambridge - Brighton via Finsbury Park, London Bridge and Three Bridges
Diversions,
Hertford Loop
Elephant and castle, Tules hill, and selhurst
London Bridge via Peckham and Dulwich
Cambridge Yard
Letchworth sidings
Hornsey Depot
Welwyn Sidings

(Maidstone Link)
Cambridge - Kings Lynn,
Cambridge - Kings Cross
Diversion via Hertford Loop
Cambridge Yard
Letchworth sidings
Hornsey Depot

Hitchin
Traction:
Routes:
Cambridge - Hitchin - London Kings Cross/Moorgate (via WGC and Hertford Loop)
Hitchin - Peterborough

Hornsey
Traction:
Inner Link 717
Outer Link 387,700

Routes:
Inner link
Letchworth - London Kings Cross/Moorgate via WGC and Hertford Loop
Outer Link
Cambridge - London Kings Cross
Various Diversions for above

Kings Cross
Traction:
Routes:
Kings Cross - Peterborough
Hitchin - Cambridge
Hertford Loop

Kings Lynn
Traction:
Routes:
Kings Lynn - Cambridge - London Kings Cross
Hertford Loop

Peterborough
Traction:
Routes:
Peterborough - London KX/Blackfriars - Three Bridges - Horsham
Various Diversions for above

Welwyn Garden City
Traction:
Routes:
Kings Cross/Moorgate - Cambridge via Welwyn or Hertford North
Finsbury Park - Sevenoaks via Catford & Swanley (link dependant)

GWR
Bristol Parkway GWR
Traction:
16x,80x

Routes:
Bristol PW - Paddington via Hullavington
Bristol PW - Gloucester (link dependant)
Gloucester - Swindon via Kemble (link dependant)
Bristol PW - Cardiff
Bristol PW - Bristol TM
Bristol TM - Swindon via Box
Bristol TM - Severn Beach

Bristol Parkway HSS
Traction:
80x

Routes
Swansea - Paddington via Hullavington
Weston SM - Swindon via Box
Bath - Reading via Westbury
Great Malvern - Didcot via Oxford
Newport - Swindon via Gloucester
Gloucester - Worcester Shrub Hill
Bristol Temple Meads - Bristol Parkway/Patchway
Trowbridge - Chippenham
Stoke Gifford Depot

Bristol Temple Meads GWR
Traction:
80x, 2+4HST, 150, 158, 16x
Routes:
Bristol TM-Severn Beach
Bristol TM-Taunton
Bristol TM-Cardiff Central
Bristol TM-Gloucester
Bristol TM-Westbury-Weymouth
Bristol TM-London Paddington via Box
Bristol PW-Swindon via Hullavington
Some routes are link dependent

Bristol Temple Meads HSS
Traction:
80x, 2+4HST
Routes
Bristol TM-London Paddington
Bristol TM-Exeter St David's
Bristol TM-Hereford via Gloucester
Newport-Swindon via Gloucester
Bristol TM-Swansea
Reading-Taunton via Berks+Hants

Cardiff
Traction:
80x, 16x
Routes:
Cardiff-Paddington via Hullavington
Cardiff-Swansea
Cardiff-Bridgend via VoG
Newport-Cheltenham via Lydney
Gloucester-Swindon via Kemble
Bristol Parkway-Gloucester
Bristol Temple Meads-Taunton
Bristol Temple Meads-Swindon via Box

Exeter St Davids HSS
Traction:
150, 80x, HST2+4, 57
Routes:
Exeter - Paddington via Westbury , Bristol TM and Bristol Parkway. Also via Yeovil
Exeter - Penzance
Exeter - Exmouth
Newton Abbott - Paignton

Exeter St Davids GWR
Traction:
80x, 2+4HST,150,158,16x
Routes:
Exeter SD-Barnstable
Crediton-Okehampton
Exeter SD-Exmouth
Exeter SD-Paignton
Exeter SD-Bristol TM
Bristol TM-Bristol Parkway
Exeter SD-Plymouth
Plymouth-Penzance
Taunton - London Paddington
Some Routes are link dependent

Fratton
Traction:
158, 16x
Routes:
Portsmouth - Cardiff Central
Portsmouth - Eastleigh
Portsmouth - Havant
Eastleigh - Salisbury via Chandler’s Ford
Bristol Temple Meads - Parkway

Gloucester
Traction:
80x, 2+4HST, 16x, 158,
Routes:
Gloucester-Bristol TM
Gloucester-Cardiff via Lydney
Bristol TM-Westbury
Bristol TM-Taunton
Gloucester-Swindon
Westbury-Swindon via Melksham
Gloucester-Great Malvern
Bristol - London Paddington via Box (link dependent)
Bristol PW-Swindon via Hullavington

Oxford
Traction:
16x, 387, 80x (Link Dependant)
Routes:
Oxford - Paddington
Oxford - Banbury
Oxford - Hereford (Link Dependant)
North Pole Depot

Paddington GWR
Traction:
16x, 387, 80x
Routes:
Paddington - Oxford
Paddington - Bedwyn
West Ealing - Greenford
Slough - Windsor
Paddington - Bristol (one link only)
Bristol PW - Cardiff (one link only)

Paddington HEX
Traction:
Routes:
London Paddington - Heathrow Terminal 5

Paddington HSS
Traction:
08/57/80x
Routes:
Paddington - Swansea plus diversions
Paddington - Exeter plus diversions (including all ways through Bristol)
Didcot Parkway - Oxford
Gloucester - Cheltenham

Par
Traction:
2+4 HST, 158, 150
Routes
Par-Penzance
Par-Plymouth
Par-Newqauy
Plymouth-Gunnislake
Liskeard-Looe
Truro-Falmouth
St Erth-St Ives

Plymouth GWR
Traction:
150,158, 80x, HST 2+4
Routes:
Plymouth - Taunton
Plymouth - Par
Plymouth - Gunnislake
Liskeard - Looe
Par - Newquay
Taunton - Reading (link dependant)

Plymouth HSS
Traction:
80x, HST 2+4 ,150 , 57 sleepers
08, 220/1 (depot only)
Plymouth - Paddington (via Westbury)
Bristol TM - Paddington
Westbury - Swindon (via Melksham)
Westbury - Bath (via Bradford on Avon)
Newton Abbot - Paignton
Plymouth - Penzance
Plymouth - Gunnislake
Par - Newquay

Penzance GWR
Traction:
80x, 2+4HST, 158, 150
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives
Truro-Falmouth

Penzance HSS
Traction:
57,80x, 2+4HST, 150,
Routes:
Penzance-Plymouth
Plymouth-Exeter SD
St Erth-St Ives

Reading
Traction:
All sign 16x. 387 & 80x are link dependent (some sign one or other, some sign both)
Routes:
Reading - Paddington
Reading - Didcot Parkway
Reading - Newbury
Reading - Basingstoke
Following routes all link dependant, no drivers sign all
Didcot Parkway - Oxford
Didcot - Swindon
Newbury - Bedwyn
Bedwyn - Westbury
Swindon - Westbury (via Melksham)
Reading - Gatwick Airport
Twyford - Henley-on-Thames
Slough - Windsor & Eton Central
Maidenhead - Bourne End/Marlow

Swansea GWR
Traction:
80x
Routes:
Swansea to London via Hullavington
Cardiff - Bridgend via VoG
Bristol - Swindon via Box

Swansea HSS
Traction:
80x
Routes:
Swansea to London via Hullavington
Swansea - Carmarthen
Carmarthen - Pembroke Dock (seasonal, Summer only, Link dependant)
Cardiff - Bridgend via VoG
Bristol - Swindon via Box

Swindon
Traction:
16x, 387, 80x
Routes:
Paddington - Cardiff Central
Reading - Newbury
Reading - Basingstoke
Maidenhead - Marlow
Twyford - Henley

Westbury
Traction:
158,16x
Routes:
Westbury-Swindon via Melksham
Westbury-Portsmouth Harbour
Westbury-Weymouth
Westbury-Bristol TM
Bristol TM-Weston-Super-Mare

Worcester Shrub Hill GWR
Traction:
80x, currently learning 16x
Routes:
Hereford - Worcester
Worcester - Oxford - London Paddington
Worcester - Gloucester - Swindon - London Paddington (currently learning)
Gloucester - Bristol Parkway - Swindon (only signed by some)
Foregate Street - Tunnel Jn - Shrub Hill Triangle

Worcester Shrub Hill HSS
Traction:
80x
Routes:
Hereford- Worcester Shrub Hill- Oxford - Reading ( via Didcot avoider and via Didcot station) - Paddington
Worcester Shrub Hill - Gloucester ( via avoider and station ) - Swindon - Didcot ( including Foxal Junction and Didcot West Curve)
Gloucester - Bristol Parkway
Foregate Street - Tunnel Jn - Shrub Hill Triangle
Bristol Parkway - Swindon via Hullavington
Liverpool Street (ex Anglia) sign 755s now too, a couple of diagrams have booked 755s now. In terms of routes, there's also a diagram where they refresh High Meads, so I imagine that is on their route card.

craigybagel

Established Member
Liverpool Street (ex Anglia) sign 755s now too, a couple of diagrams have booked 755s now. In terms of routes, there's also a diagram where they refresh High Meads, so I imagine that is on their route card.
Thanks, will get that added on as soon as I can.

Also apologies to everyone else for not having done an update for a little while - it's been a very busy time at work but I promise there's one coming soon, complete with a long desired tidy up of the Southeastern route cards that a few members have helped me with.