• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Distance between Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GadgetMan

Fiskerton to Rolleston is pretty close on the Nottingham - Lincoln line. About half a mile I believe.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
My first thought for longest distance is York-Doncaster at 32 miles 43 chains but I suspect there are longer stretches. Maybe on HS1?

wessex

st helier and moreton are close, as are a few stations round the st helier line, not sure of the distance though.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Longest station-less run is Lockerbie to Kirknewton (on the Edinburgh branch of the WCML) at 64mi 42ch. There are no direct trains between the two however.

Last edited:

6Gman

Established Member
The two Wallaseys are pretty close to each other, as are Lelant's two stations!

[In fact there are four stations pretty well within walking distance between St Erth and Hayle!]

12CSVT

Established Member
Longest station-less run is Lockerbie to Kirknewton (on the Edinburgh branch of the WCML) at 64mi 42ch. There are no direct trains between the two however.

For stations with a direct service between them I'd say Carstairs to Lockerbie (47 m 67 ch)

Is Ty Glas to Birchgrove a contender?

I'd say that one's the winner.

I've never understood what purpose Ty Glas station actually serves, it opened in 1987, about 300 yards from Birchgrove station. Probably the most pointless station ever built ?

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
This is a quiz, it has also been discussed numerous times before. In the future, please don't post quizzes in the main section of the forum.

Please see the link in my signature with regards with ideas for new quizzes.

Cheers,

TP
QUIZMASTER

That's actually the shortest at 0mi 17ch. I knew it was a pair on the Coryton line, obviously I went for the wrong one!

London Blackfriars to City Thameslink is 0 mi 14 chains per Railmiles, although from the south end of the platforms at Blackfriars to the north end at City Thameslink looks 0.5 miles + (or 40 chains plus)

Status
Not open for further replies.