• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

District Line D Stock final withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nym

Established Member
with 7016+7533 being dispatched from Ealing Common, this leaves 6 - although 7030+7535 are out-of-service at Upminster depot after a serious motor defect, just days after receiving replacement motors!

Do I get the impression the quality of motor overhauls at the works are falling...?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bluegoblin7

Established Member
The railway does not run around you. The last date co-incides with a timetable change. This timetable change requires the removal of the D78 stock trains.

Should be stressed that plans may change - let's not forget that the last C69/77 ran in around three hours earlier than planned...!

MatthewRead

On Moderation
The railway does not run around you. The last date co-incides with a timetable change. This timetable change requires the removal of the D78 stock trains.

Should be stressed that plans may change - let's not forget that the last C69/77 ran in around three hours earlier than planned...!
Well the timetable change usually occurs in May so surely around then.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Is this also the point where the vaultage is upped on the subsurface network? Or is that later?
Voltage on some parts of the Metropolitan Line have already been increased and that from Hammersmith-Paddington (suburban) is increased to 750vDC as from 12 March 2017.

What will increasing voltage actually improve?
Supply of trains and electrical equipment should be cheaper to procure, as the LU 630vDC is virtually bespoke these days.

Last edited:

class387

Established Member
No Ds were in service Sat 25.

21 April is likely to see the Last D in passenger service, with the Farewell Tour pencilled in for 7 May.

Okay. I didn't end up going anyway.

I'm going to try to get a D-Stock today though. Do you know if any will be in service? Thanks.

LU_timetabler

There's a far better chance of catching a D stock on a Mon to Fri in the peak service, as more of the 6 sets still in service will be running then.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
What will increasing voltage actually improve?

Load for load, a higher voltage means less current. Distribution losses are proportional to the square of the current, so an increase of voltage either decreases overall running costs, or allows for improved traction performance at the same cost.

James Wake

D-Stock 7007 sighted at Wimbledon this morning at 0758 as I passed on the Shepperton train, I believe it should be Train 003, but maybe someone can confirm and also if any other D stocks are out today.

Dstock7080

Established Member
T3 7018+7007 (out of service 0910, believed not train defect)
t101 7046+7503

Last edited:

Mikey C

Established Member
There's part closure on the District and SSL this weekend, so with fewer trains needed in service it makes sense to only run the S7s...

rebmcr

Established Member
D Stock at Embankment E/B this morning at 08:30. The train immediately following it might have been one as well.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I saw three out yesterday on just one journey!

321over360

I have seen some D stock still running, luckily though all the District services i have been using are S stock which is a relief.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I have seen some D stock still running, luckily though all the District services i have been using are S stock which is a relief.

Still another four weeks or so to go yet. Peaking around 4 trains in service on a good day, some days none at all.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I hope it's a bit more than that :)

You've already been told the dates (21 April for last pax, 7 May for the rail tour). These dates are unlikely to get pushed back at this stage. It's getting tedious now.

Incidentally, this thread was started exactly one year prior to the planned withdrawal date. Did someone know something?!

Status
Not open for further replies.