• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Do Underground barriers retain Zone U12 tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amateur

On Moderation
The journey I posted the OP about is (finally) next week. I originally envisaged travelling down to King's Cross, however I need to make a quick stop en-route at Harlow Town (just to run to a shop to collect an order). Therefore I will be travelling on the Liverpool Street route and joining LUL at Tottenham Hale. Does anyone know if the barriers are likely to accept my ticket, or will I be needing to argue about the interavailablity?

You could "chance it". And if they make a song and dance at ToT., just hop on to the next train to LST, and join the yellow line!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

You could "chance it". And if they make a song and dance at ToT., just hop on to the next train to LST, and join the yellow line!
I'm on a fairly tight schedule, but given the frequency between TOM and LST, I'll give Tottenham Hale a chance. It's valid, so they should be accepting the ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Apologies for (yet) another question.

Do Zone U12 tickets have a time restriction? My ticket is an Off Peak Return and I want to use the return portion around 8:30am from South Kensington to King's Cross, pop to a shop there and head back to Cambridge sometime after 9:30am.

amateur

On Moderation
I'm on a fairly tight schedule, but given the frequency between TOM and LST, I'll give Tottenham Hale a chance. It's valid, so they should be accepting the ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Apologies for (yet) another question.

Do Zone U12 tickets have a time restriction? My ticket is an Off Peak Return and I want to use the return portion around 8:30am from South Kensington to King's Cross, pop to a shop there and head back to Cambridge sometime after 9:30am.

will the shop be open that early?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
I do not believe the LU add-on part is subject to any time restriction. I have never seen anything in that respect, and the pricing reflects that.

I cannot guarantee that, as I have never used it myself. It would be an interesting thing to test if you are interested.

Brucey

My outbound ticket (Cambridge to U12* London) was rejected at Tottenham Hale. I showed it to the guy on the gate and he waved me through. He didn't look at the ticket, so experience with more thorough staff may be different.

On exiting South Kensington, the ticket was returned to me by the barrier. This confirms that LUL stations *do* return tickets at the end of a journey, even if the station does not offer an OSI. Perfect for expenses!

I haven't made the return journey yet, so cannot comment about the off-peak validity.

Status
Not open for further replies.