• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Driver of Network Rail's 31233 stops for a chat with Dawlish Cam...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KA4C

Fair play driver? lets hope his manager doesn't look at that!

plymothian

"This week, I've been mostly... [on your mama]"

(The, 'this week, I've been mostly' is the clearest, the rest sounds like 'on your mama' to me)

Last edited:

SPADTrap

Established Member
Depends on the bloody fall out, don't it? his manager might have been here before

With all due respect, he did that in front of a webcam because he knew it was there, if you're trying to blame his manager's discovery of this on me because I posted a link to it here:

Get a grip and get real.

Darandio

Established Member
He was actually doing a duty, making sure the camera wasn't on Network Rail property. ;)

KA4C

With all due respect, he did that in front of a webcam because he knew it was there, if you're trying to blame his manager's discovery of this on me because I posted a link to it here:

Get a grip and get real.

Don't be silly, I haven't blamed his managers discovery of this on you, get a grip will you

SPADTrap

Established Member
Don't be silly, I haven't blamed his managers discovery of this on you, get a grip will you

Just what it sounded like, what else can "His manager might have been here before" mean?

If I have misunderstood, I sincerely apologise!!.

KA4C

Just what it sounded like, what else can "His manager might have been here before" mean?

If I have misunderstood, I sincerely apologise!!.

Because his manager has had to protect his drivers from such things before, when those in the ivory tower spot something and the phones get red hot

SPADTrap

Established Member
Because his manager has had to protect his drivers from such things before, when those in the ivory tower spot something and the phones get red hot

I see what you mean now. Like I said I apologise! :)

KA4C

So the manager saw it then? Or you immediately fired off an email? Or?

Yes he did
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's a test train...it's a quote from one of the NR staff on board the train..

I was making an excuse, as a joke, don't worry.

I know its a test train, UTU 1 and SGT heading to Penzance via various branch lines

SPADTrap

Established Member
Yes he did

I know its a test train, UTU 1 and SGT heading to Penzance via various branch lines

They've had an interesting day then!

starrymarkb

Established Member
It was heading North through Marsh Barton yesterday evening
"This Week I have been mostly eating Wagamama"

Also I suspect a Test train is riddled with cameras and GPS

Whilst working 3Q01 Exeter Riverside N.Y. to Penzance, the driver of Network Rail's 31233 pulls up at Dawlish Beach Cam, gets out his seat, opens the door and has a word with the cam, before calmly closing the door, sitting down and thrashing away towards Dawlish......... Watch and enjoy, but what is he saying?

Dawlish Cam, 18th June 2014.

[youtube]K5QlkIBJtRI[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/K5QlkIBJtRI

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
"This week I've been mostly eating..... " no idea what though!

Based on Jesse's Diets from The Fast Show. (if any forum members reading this have no idea what that is, you haven't lived!)

fgwrich

Established Member

Based on Jesse's Diets from The Fast Show. (if any forum members reading this have no idea what that is, you haven't lived!)

Exactly what I've been thinking. Fair play to the driver for having an excellent sense of humour - those test train jobs can be a rather tedious nights driving around the network!

Now, what has driver Jesse been eating this week? :lol: Peds was one thing that's been bounded around the net!

yorksrob

Veteran Member

"Wagamama". Not keen myself as it seems too much like a glorified pot noodle to my taste, but my sister swears by them.

Fair play to the driver though. Needed a chuckle :lol:

455driver

Veteran Member
i can see him being hauled up in front of the boss and being asked what the flip did he think he was doing!

Whether the boss will be able to keep a straight face while asking the question I couldnt say! :lol:
If you dont find it funny then you have no sense of humour, I think its funny as hell! :D

sbatts43

i can see him being hauled up in front of the boss and being asked what the flip did he think he was doing!

Whether the boss will be able to keep a straight face while asking the question I couldnt say! :lol:
If you dont find it funny then you have no sense of humour, I think its funny as hell! :D

Somebody said that wireless Trackcams, his words not mine, play havoc with Network Rail testing equipment. Don't know if he is wrong or right though. And why did he talk to a webcam, it's not going to answer back?:)

RailCam

Speaking as one of the admins at RailCam.co.uk, I can confirm that NONE of our cameras are wireless capable. A couple of years ago, we had a visit from a NR man, who inspected the setup and agreed that it posed no problem.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.