• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Train Person - Crewe & York

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhys37429

DRS - Train Person - Crewe & York
Salary:
£30,550 pa rising following training to £35,199 pa
Hours: 35 pw
Deadline: 10/09/2021 23:59

This position is a brilliant ‘first step’ for those with an aspiration to work in the railway environment.

As Train Person you are responsible for Train Preparation, Shunting and ensuring our services are safe whilst on the network.

A key part of this role is progression, ultimately to the role of train driver, therefore you will have an enthusiasm for training and improving your current skills and railway knowledge. This is an exciting role with unlimited scope for development within our growing company!

DRS - CREWE

DRS - YORK

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Zontar

Anyone know how many positions available in each location?

And also what the recruitment process will consist of?

GB

Established Member
So basically same as driver

They want you to progress to driver so makes sense in that regard. Cant help but think they are missing out on potentially good candidates who don't want to go driving....but their company their choice I guess.

LRV3004

Crewe vacancies now removed - obviously enough applications received!

LokiB

Tip. Write the answers on a word document then you can cut and paste onto the application form.
I just spent ages on it, tried to move to the next page and was made to sign in again thus deleting everything I'd just done.

YingYing

Tip. Write the answers on a word document then you can cut and paste onto the application form.
I just spent ages on it, tried to move to the next page and was made to sign in again thus deleting everything I'd just done.
I made the same mistake as you, absolute pain but got there eventually :lol:
Very quick timeout on that page, but there was a "save progress" option at the bottom I used after completing each section.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
TrainPersons are shunters and have some additional responsibilities with regards to the nuclear trains. They are a follow on the from BR Trainman concept that replaced freight guards and secondmen. May also do some driving in depots or possessions but don't quote me on that.

Direct line of promotion to driver, as the old Trainman D grade was

LRV3004

Refer to my earlier post (#7)! Vacancies get pulled when enough applications are received. My girlfriend was halfway through her application, saved it, went back the following day and it was gone. Oh well…….

They seem to have taken off the Crewe vacancy. Applied but now cannot log in.
Try again……..
I commented on this previously (#7) - once enough applications are received the vacancy gets pulled.

Orange08

Has anyone received a reply from this? Had an email today requesting my national insurance number, seemed strange as all I have done so far is submitted the online application. It just says my application has been received and is currently been screened on the online portal.

Matt85

Has anyone received a reply from this? Had an email today requesting my national insurance number, seemed strange as all I have done so far is submitted the online application. It just says my application has been received and is currently been screened on the online portal.
Have you already done any psychometric tests?

Orange08

Have you already done any psychometric tests?
No buddy, total outsider from a different industry. Could be a glitch somewhere or maybe even they had just got to me in the pile of applications. Anyway will see what happens.

Matt85

No buddy, total outsider from a different industry. Could be a glitch somewhere or maybe even they had just got to me in the pile of applications. Anyway will see what happens.
Ah right, they need your NI to check Assessment results usually

Gomer Pyle

Received the NI request too today with some online assessments to carry out. Dependent on the results from those then psychometric tests planned for the end of Sept.

The assessments are the same two that Avanti asked candidates to complete, last April, as part of their trainee driver recruitment drive. Do you think that anybody who passed them with Avanti will have to retake with DRS?

The assessments are the same two that Avanti asked candidates to complete, last April, as part of their trainee driver recruitment drive. Do you think that anybody who passed them with Avanti will have to retake with DRS?
I discovered that my previous M7SJT and VSE scores were only valid for 6 months, so I will be required to attempt these again.

LRV3004

As with every railway job, the waiting game is a massive part of an application, plus the process is probably already even slower with the HR staff likely to be working from home!

Orange08

I sat some online tests for it through the OPC….and fluffed them

Annoyed at myself as I didnt really give myself the best chance with the time and environment I took them at but was my own fault. Onwards and upwards I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.