• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS Trainee drivers wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Hey everyone...new poster here. I'm going along to the assessment for this tomorrow afternoon. The thing that jumped out at me is the group exercise - does anyone know what this involves? I'm keen to have some sort of idea so I know how to approach it.

Also, does anyone know where they have vacancies in Scotland? I tried to find out from them but they just said "we have vacancies in Scotland"! I hope they have some at Grangemouth because I'm just up the road from there.

kitwaller

Just finished assessments and head is battered. A sit in a dark room is required now!

Last edited:

r.roman

Just finished assessments and head is battered. A sit in a dark room is required now!

Any more details, if you don't mind:)

I am still waiting for invitation... by the way. I caught post man today, shaken his bag but nothing was there for me...:( :D

kitwaller

Any more details, if you don't mind:)

I am still waiting for invitation... by the way. I caught post man today, shaken his bag but nothing was there for me...:( :D

All I'd say is it sounds like a fair bit of time to answer questions but before you know it times up and your still have loads to answer. Plus scaat test is well named cause it scatters your brain!

r.roman

All I'd say is it sounds like a fair bit of time to answer questions but before you know it times up and your still have loads to answer. Plus scaat test is well named cause it scatters your brain!

Did you get results straight away?

Saltire

I've just done this assessment today too - like Kitwaller has already said a long sit in a darkened room is required!
The time for each test just flies in, as for the group exercise it's nothing to particularly worry about if you are a good communicator
Good luck

r.roman

I feel sad... I have just realized that some of you are in darkened room, some will be tomorrow but I am... still waiting to be invited and may never be...
Once again good luck to everyone!

Last edited:

Journeyman

Established Member
Had my assessment yesterday. It's all pretty intense, straight from one thing into another with very little space to breathe, and by the end of the day I was really knackered. It involved very little interaction with the people administering the tests and because it's not clear what standards they're looking for, it's almost impossible to say how I did - just got to wait and see really. As long as you do all the practice stuff and work on the bits you're not so good at, you should be alright though.

To everyone else in the process, anxiously awaiting a result - good luck.

Yook

Still not heard anything, has anyone who has applied for Crewe had a reply or test yet?

benno79

No worries, hope you hear something soon and good luck with your tpe application.

Journeyman

Established Member
Does anyone have a DRS assessment yet to come? I suspect no-one will hear anything until they're all done.

*waits anxiously*

Bluebri

Had my assessment yesterday in Crewe. They have done four sessions in Carlisle and four in Crewe. Apparently 16 vacancies for which 160ish have been tested so far. Seemed to be a few internals there as well. I would contact HR if you haven't been contacted yet and ask. At least you will get it from the horses mouth rather than third hand.

Jones

Just spoke to them and was told it's "still ongoing" and everybody should be informed by email by next week.

I recognise a fob off when I hear one.

Bluebri

Was told at the test last week, that they are aiming for people to be notified about test results by the end of this week. If it is by post again, I would expect that to drag in to next week too. But don;t quote me on that, just what I was told.

benno79

I'm expecting better luck next time shortly, but as yet I haven't heard anything

Journeyman

Established Member
Was told at the test last week, that they are aiming for people to be notified about test results by the end of this week. If it is by post again, I would expect that to drag in to next week too. But don;t quote me on that, just what I was told.

Ah...let's hope it's a big envelope rather than a small one, eh? I have no idea whether I was good enough or not. The thing that really let me down was the mechanical paper, I think - it brought back unpleasant memories of GCSE Physics...

benno79

You and me both journeyman, it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I thought everything else was fine.

Bluebri

Why, oh why is it a Bank Holiday this weekend!!! lol

Has anyone heard anything yet? If not, think it will be back end of next week now.:roll:

benno79

I haven't heard anything, I guess it is going to take some time marking all of the papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.