• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Trainee Train Driver - London (13/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NumberTen

Had an email from the OPC on behalf of DRS to see if I was still interested in this position and to email back by the 29th for application to be taken forward. Bizarre.

I asked DRS fairly recently about the progress of the application without receiving a reply. Hope you have some progress soon.

Oldnewbie

I (reluctantly) withdrew my application after speaking to the OPC. I was invited to do some online assessments last week and told them I'm in a talent pool for another TOC. When I asked if my assessment passes would be taken into account with DRS, I was told they wouldn't and that my DRS scores would (could) impact my other application. Really gutted as I liked the DRS role but , to me, it was a risk I couldn't afford to take. :'(

Good luck to all those cracking on. :lol:

NumberTen

hey, thanks
urm got the email a few days ago
You heard back from them at all?
Not yet, passed paper tests and 2 computer tests back in February so ideally would only need to do WAFV and an MMI but oldnewbie’s post suggests they disregard previous scoring so not sure what I’d do if I got called for assessments

Omar

Hello, did anyone get email like this today saying ”Thank you for your interest in the above role. Only applications made directly through The OPC as per the link on the job advert will be processed.”

AlarmJim

Hello, did anyone get email like this today saying ”Thank you for your interest in the above role. Only applications made directly through The OPC as per the link on the job advert will be processed.”
Yes, I'm just gonna ignore it as its probably a mistake? But a bit weird none the less.

NumberTen

I did, vacancy has been reposted so assuming they mean we need to reapply but the email makes it as clear as mud-I just checked the website on the off chance. If you click the OPC link on the ad it’s supposed to give you an access code via email but doesn’t seem to work for me and I get an error every time. The words ‘p**s up’ and ‘brewery’ come to mind with DRS!!

Omar

Did you also get email from the OPC asking if your still interested in the position about a month ago? But got no reply

I checked my application online it says it’s pending.

NumberTen

Did you also get email from the OPC asking if your still interested in the position about a month ago? But got no reply

I checked my application online it says it’s pending.
Yeah I did-I’ve had exactly the same as you by the sounds of it

Bdstg

Got the same email. DRS had a vacancy up for trainee train driver with a july22 ref for London & rugby telling applicants to apply through the OPC extranet link given using the code within the advert.
I replied back to the email from HR about my application from Jan but no response.
Checked the vacancy section of DRS again and the advert had been removed so unsure what’s gone on there

If anyone has an update from HR about this pls do share

NumberTen

Got the same email. DRS had a vacancy up for trainee train driver with a july22 ref for London & rugby telling applicants to apply through the OPC extranet link given using the code within the advert.
I replied back to the email from HR about my application from Jan but no response.
Checked the vacancy section of DRS again and the advert had been removed so unsure what’s gone on there

If anyone has an update from HR about this pls do share
Does that mean they’ve cancelled your stage 1 paper assessments you said were later this month?

Bdstg

Does that mean they’ve cancelled your stage 1 paper assessments you said were later this month?
Doesn’t seem like it. I haven’t heard back from drs HR and OPC haven’t notified me of anything ..the tests are on Monday

just heard back from the NTS team and they confirmed my application is ongoing as per correspondence with the OPC. Not sure what the email yesterday was about though

Last edited:

Bdstg

Anyone else been having issues trying to login to the recruitment portal

Daly131

Does anybody have an assessment booked in for the 9th in watford. I've misplaced my invitation email I've rang the OPC but haven't received another email from them yet and I don't have an email address for them to write to them. TIA

Carl98k

So do you complete the OPC one first then the application at the bottom of the screen? Also I’ve already passed all the tests 6 months ago.

So do you complete the OPC one first then the application at the bottom of the screen? Also I’ve already passed all the tests 6 months ago.
Ignore this, its the same top and bottom.

Last edited:

Bdstg

Hi all, anyone got any updates from their applications?

Any of the lads that attended stage 2 at Watford hear back?

PK96

I was there on Monday and yes waiting for DMI now!
Oh.. I was there on Tuesday. Guess they had people on different days as they don't have a lot of desks that could hold as many people as stage 1.

Congratulations! Once you hear back for DMI let me know. I'm also waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.