• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Trainee Train Driver - London (13/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFeelTheNeed

Do you need something mate? I don’t have her card but have a constancy number and email

Oh well done mate, the end is in sight.

Did you complete training in Crewe the whole time or have to lodge away?

Was the first 20 weeks completely classroom based?

Apologies for the bombardment
I was thinking to phone her tomorrow but there is probably no point. I will just wait for the acceptance or rejection. At least all of our eggs aren't in one basket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Seejwalker

I was thinking to phone her tomorrow but there is probably no point. I will just wait for the acceptance or rejection. At least all of our eggs aren't in one basket.
Yeah I’d say wait it out mate, then you’re not in the radar as being a nuisance like me hahah.
She’s definitely on the case. But it seems like they have too many people they wish to hire and are trying to shuffle them around.

That said, if it will give you piece of mind, you’re doing no harm in just asking her.

IFeelTheNeed

Yeah I’d say wait it out mate, then you’re not in the radar as being a nuisance like me hahah.
She’s definitely on the case. But it seems like they have too many people they wish to hire and are trying to shuffle them around.

That said, if it will give you piece of mind, you’re doing no harm in just asking her.
Yeh I'll just wait. Won't make a difference either way I guess. Let's see what today brings...

Anyone get an email today at 10.01?

Ok ok I'll stop that now..

Last edited:

N_Rail

Did any who received a call yesterday get an actual date for when we would hear about the next steps?
(medical/security check/contract - start date)

Seejwalker

Did any who received a call yesterday get an actual date for when we would hear about the next steps?
(medical/security check/contract - start date)
I’m not sure if anyone received a call but myself and I certainly never received any further information other than they have too many candidate’s and I’ll hear back from them at some point.

PK96

I’m not sure if anyone received a call but myself and I certainly never received any further information other than they have too many candidate’s and I’ll hear back from them at some point.
It's a shame... I'd be happy to relocate myself!

Tilbury is only an extra 5/10min than Willesden so I'd be happy to take it. & If anything else was offered elsewhere I would consider it. Later in time I would request a transfer when a position became available to Willesden or something else near by.

Still waiting to hear back at the moment... Which I believe everyone else is also.

Do you guys think because "today's" medical didn't go ahead... Do you think they will just add an extra day? E.g. October 3rd or something? That would be amazing for me as I'm back by then and could easily go medical...
If I'm successful ahha!

IFeelTheNeed

It's a shame... I'd be happy to relocate myself!

Tilbury is only an extra 5/10min than Willesden so I'd be happy to take it. & If anything else was offered elsewhere I would consider it. Later in time I would request a transfer when a position became available to Willesden or something else near by.

Still waiting to hear back at the moment... Which I believe everyone else is also.

Do you guys think because "today's" medical didn't go ahead... Do you think they will just add an extra day? E.g. October 3rd or something? That would be amazing for me as I'm back by then and could easily go medical...
If I'm successful ahha!
You should let them know that you'd be willing to relocate. It might help you, I would imagine?

Yes, I think that if they planned multiple medical days it is because they knew how many slots per day they would require, therefore would make sense that they now need to pencil in an additional medical day.

Seejwalker

For all we know, the medical did go ahead today and there are already candidates being progressed forward.

Daly131

I thought most people going for the job would be on this forum though. That would mean so far it's only us on here who haven't heard anything yet which seems a bit odd

AlarmJim

I thought most people going for the job would be on this forum though. That would mean so far it's only us on here who haven't heard anything yet which seems a bit odd
Exactly what I think.

I think just wait. We'll find out when they're ready to tell us.

IFeelTheNeed

For all we know, the medical did go ahead today and there are already candidates being progressed forward.
Ha very true!

I'm sure we're just a very small fraction of applicants.

Seejwalker

Yeah it would be highly bizarre. And as @AlarmJim said, we just need to remain patient.
They did express how unusual it was for them to take on such a large cohort and the logistics have not yet been figured out.

PK96

Yeah it would be highly bizarre. And as @AlarmJim said, we just need to remain patient.
They did express how unusual it was for them to take on such a large cohort and the logistics have not yet been figured out.
That's right.. they did say this was the first time taking such a big amount of people on in one go.

Plus, the situation of the queen has also delayed some work places so this could be the case.. we hope anyways!
You should let them know that you'd be willing to relocate. It might help you, I would imagine?

Yes, I think that if they planned multiple medical days it is because they knew how many slots per day they would require, therefore would make sense that they now need to pencil in an additional medical day.
I'd tell them... If I knew how too ahha.
I have no contact details for no one

I really hope they do add more medical days! Fingers crossed!

Well.. as I spoke!

I just heard back from them.

What about everyone else?

Last edited:

PK96

Unfortunately, I wasn't successful this time around.

Best of luck to everyone else!

PK96

Best of luck in your future endeavours!
I'm so gutted. However, they finally gave me the chance to even get to the test section while all others cut me off right away. & I passed everything else first time so I'm glad in that aspect. But still gutted

Same, didn't get it unfortunately.

Onto the next then...
We are on the same journey then bud! We go again onto the next

IFeelTheNeed

I'm so gutted. However, they finally gave me the chance to even get to the test section while all others cut me off right away. & I passed everything else first time so I'm glad in that aspect. But still gutted

We are on the same journey then bud! We go again onto the next
Well now you'll be in a better place for future applications for sure because you already have the OPC pass under your belt!

PK96

Well now you'll be in a better place for future applications for sure because you already have the OPC pass under your belt!
Yes that's correct.. but I have no clue if that really helps! E.g. some companies don't even have a section asking if you have or haven't passed those OPC exams.

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
Yes that's correct.. but I have no clue if that really helps! E.g. some companies don't even have a section asking if you have or haven't passed those OPC exams.
But they do know, as they will check your NI No before inviting you to assessment, and they’ll also see what pass level.

Bdstg

You’re usually able to contact them and just let them know so that you move onto the DMI stage when appropriate

IFeelTheNeed

I believe they don't ask because they check themselves anyway

You’re usually able to contact them and just let them know so that you move onto the DMI stage when appropriate
Yes, also can write it in the cover letter etc.

PK96

I believe they don't ask because they check themselves anyway

Yes, also can write it in the cover letter etc.
Oh right... I did apply for a position recently so should I email recruitment team and inform them I've passed the OPC exams... And wait!?

It's hard to find emails for recruitment team if I'm honest.

IFeelTheNeed

Oh right... I did apply for a position recently so should I email recruitment team and inform them I've passed the OPC exams... And wait!?

You can just wait for them to contact you about next stage and then reply to that email saying by the way I already have OPC passes which I did in this month and year, this is my full name and this is my NI number. They can then look it up no problem.

Which TOC or FOC was the recent one? If you don't mind me asking.

PK96

You can just wait for them to contact you about next stage and then reply to that email saying by the way I already have OPC passes which I did in this month and year, this is my full name and this is my NI number. They can then look it up no problem.

Which TOC or FOC was the recent one? If you don't mind me asking.
GTR.

Just kept applying as no job is certain until a contract is signed so...

IFeelTheNeed

GTR.

Just kept applying as no job is certain until a contract is signed so...
Thought so. I applied to them too.
It's still early days with them so like I said, next time they contact you, reply back with the OPC info. That's what I would do.

And yes my approach is the same, apply like mad...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.