• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

DRS - Trainee Train Driver - London (13/01/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Daly131

Yeah Willesden was priority but I stated at interview I'd like to be kept in mind for tilsbury too

IFeelTheNeed

Willesden as well

Yeah Willesden was priority but I stated at interview I'd like to be kept in mind for tilsbury too
Are you under an hour to both of them, then? If so, that's mighty convenient.

Last edited:

Daly131

No only for Willesden but I'd happily relocate my house is currently being sold

Daly131

Talent pool for me.... feeling a bit gutted NGL. Good luck to everyone still waiting and commiserations to those unsuccessful.

Talent pool for me.... feeling a bit gutted NGL. Good luck to everyone still waiting and commiserations to those unsuccessful.
And congratulations to those that passed

Bdstg

Hi all just recevied an email to say ive been placed into their talent pool.

golfsareus

what does talent pool mean does that mean your likely to get a job offer in the future or we might look at you if we hire more?

IFeelTheNeed

"Thank you for attending our Trainee Driver Interviews in Watford this week.

At this time we would like to put your application on hold and enter you into our Talent Pool to be considered for future trainee Train Driver cohorts."

Near miss.
Now I am hoping for Chiltern or GTR to go through! GTR being my preference out of all of them. But I would have been very happy with DRS. Just need to get in somewhere!

Let's see what happens...

All the best to everyone: whether you made it into DRS or whether your journey for a role elsewhere continues! Keep it up!

Daly131

Yeah, I believe it pretty much means if more vacancies become available within a year they will select us to go for medical and security checks and job offer, also. The big word being, IF!

golfsareus

I see, so it is a big IF then more then when, I am still awaiting a DMI which not many on here seem to still be waiting for so I a little bit behind by the looks of it hopefully I still have a chance to a position.

IFeelTheNeed

Unfortunately a very big if for us.

I see, so it is a big IF then more then when, I am still awaiting a DMI which not many on here seem to still be waiting for so I a little bit behind by the looks of it hopefully I still have a chance to a position.
Probably depends which depot you applied for. I reckon Willesden is full now

Yeah, I believe it pretty much means if more vacancies become available within a year they will select us to go for medical and security checks and job offer, also. The big word being, IF!
You should tell them that you were willing to relocate

Last edited:

golfsareus

I applied for Tilbury, there will not be as many jobs available at Tilbury as there is in Willesden either just hope I get an interview date soon and there still are some positions available but think its unlikely.

Seejwalker

Don’t count yourselves out yet those in talent pools,

Anyone could pull out at any moment due to change of heart or falling short with medicals, security checks etc…..

You’re not out of the game just yet.

Naturally keep your options open and apply for every opportunity that pops up, but keep your chins up.

IFeelTheNeed

Don’t count yourselves out yet those in talent pools,

Anyone could pull out at any moment due to change of heart or falling short with medicals, security checks etc…..

Naturally keep your options open and apply for every opportunity that pops up, but keep your chins up.
Cheers

4-SUB 4732

Established Member
I applied for Tilbury, there will not be as many jobs available at Tilbury as there is in Willesden either just hope I get an interview date soon and there still are some positions available but think its unlikely.
Apparently only 2 jobs at Tilbury.

BigPondFish

I have just read all of the above and I am confused as I have just completed my second assessment and MMI last Friday (16th). I have applied for NTS at Tilbury but after reading through this thread it would appear that they have been recruiting for a while and have more than enough applicants already so why would they be putting more people through the OPI assessments?

Stigy

Established Member
I have just read all of the above and I am confused as I have just completed my second assessment and MMI last Friday (16th). I have applied for NTS at Tilbury but after reading through this thread it would appear that they have been recruiting for a while and have more than enough applicants already so why would they be putting more people through the OPI assessments?
They may not have enough suitable applicants, or they’ve put loads in talent pools.

Seejwalker

Exactly as @Stigy says
They may be looking to create a talent pool so they have candidates ready to infill should anyone drop out.

Keep pushing forward as best you can mate and don’t worry about what’s being said on here.

golfsareus

Apparently only 2 jobs at Tilbury.
Oh ok lol pretty sure they filled them already so even if you you smash the interview your getting talent pool and then will probably never hear from them again (: I take you work there hence you know how many positions are available?

Sounds like they just put us through in case the ones at the start fail so if we do well at interview were be added to the talent pool and then just hope for the best. Have you heard back regarding your results yet for your MMI?

IFeelTheNeed

TOCs and FOCs are famous for not being very organised. So the talent pool might not have even originally been part of their plan but then they realised it may be useful to be able to dip into it just in case. But I would say people failing medicals and security screening is very unlikely/very low percent. I have been told so by drivers and a manager or two I know at a certain FOC (not DRS). However, never say never...it's not zero possibility right... Also if someone gets a TOC offer before they start... They might feel they prefer TOC and go there, thereby freeing up a place... All sorts of scenarios could happen... Just a very low possibility of each one, i think...

BigPondFish

Oh ok lol pretty sure they filled them already so even if you you smash the interview your getting talent pool and then will probably never hear from them again (: I take you work there hence you know how many positions are available?

Sounds like they just put us through in case the ones at the start fail so if we do well at interview were be added to the talent pool and then just hope for the best. Have you heard back regarding your results yet for your MMI?
Not had an answer regarding my MMI. Only sat it Friday and they said they would only start marking it Tuesday. Hopefully have an answer by the end of the week.

IFeelTheNeed

Not had an answer regarding my MMI. Only sat it Friday and they said they would only start marking it Tuesday. Hopefully have an answer by the end of the week.
Even if DRS end up telling you all the places are full, at least you won't have to do MMI again for future train driver applications

golfsareus

Even if DRS end up telling you all the places are full, at least you won't have to do MMI again for future train driver applications
True but some TOC such as Southeastern want you to do all assessments again. Hopefully I get a date soon for the DMI and get it out the way one way or the other instead of keep on having the hope, I am thinking they might even stop with the DMI's soon as they do not need a massive talent pool.

IFeelTheNeed

True but some TOC such as Southeastern want you to do all assessments again. Hopefully I get a date soon for the DMI and get it out the way one way or the other instead of keep on having the hope, I am thinking they might even stop with the DMI's soon as they do not need a massive talent pool.
Yeh, constant hoping is a b*tch on the mind. Just keep plugging away.

PK96

Wait.. even if you pass all the OPC exams your required to retake all for Southeastern. Sounds a little unfair no?

IFeelTheNeed

Do you know whether if a person redoes assessments for a TOC and then fails them by mistake, does that override the previous assessment pass permanently? Ie next time you apply for a TOC all they see is an OPC fail?

MichaelJ25

Do you know whether if a person redoes assessments for a TOC and then fails them by mistake, does that override the previous assessment pass permanently? Ie next time you apply for a TOC all they see is an OPC fail?
The latest assessments will cancel out the previous

Status
Not open for further replies.