• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast- Advance tickets 30/31 March 2013???

Status
Not open for further replies.

21:38

Guys,

Does anyone know when East Coast will put advance web fare tickets on sale for 30 & 31 March?? Tickets are on sale up to mid April but exclude easter weekend.

I need to travel from London to Aberdeen on the 31st but due to circumstances I will have no access to a PC after the 4th Feb so Im getting anxious.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Sorry, you will just have to keep checking.

No one can tell you when they will come on sale, as they are probably still waiting for engineering work arrangements to be finalised.

theblackwatch

Established Member
Make sure you sign up to receive a notification e-mail from East Coast if you haven't done so already.

theblackwatch

Established Member
I had a similar proble for the 9th and 10th Feb the other week.

To be fair the alert service was very good and timely.

One thing I have found with the alerts is they don't come at exactly the same time as tickets go on sale - it can be later that day, as on one occasion I had already booked the tickets before the e-mail alert came an hour or so later. (And for anyone who thinks "what difference is a few hours", there was an occasion when I was after a ticket for one day - at 09.00 they weren't on sale, at 12.00 they were but I didn't have time to do a booking, at 15.00 the cheapest price had doubled compared with 3 hours earlier.)

Scotty

The more people who sign up for an alert for the same date, the more emails that are sent out, which will take longer to be all sent out (even though they are automatic).

Also, the software that sends them out may run on an hourly checking basis.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The email will be sent on the day that they go on sale, though it is not sent at the instant they go on sale.

The time the tickets go on sale varies, but Thursdays seem to be the preferred day for releasing them. So I'd check at regular intervals tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.