• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Coast rewards query

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
Can the free ticket book using the East coast rewards points be booked as 2 singles or does it have to be a return to/from the same stations?

I would like to book Kings Cross-inverness and the return journey would be Aberdeen-Stevenage but can't see how to do this using the rewards points free ticket.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

calc7

Established Member
Sadly not. And from my own experience, EC Telesales will tell you to eff off (despite my spending £1000+ on train fares to get 1400 points, but nevermind.)

Obviously your only real option is to book Stevenage (or PBO perhaps) - last station before the divergence in Scotland. I won't imagine it'll set you back that much.

Customer service - nil points.

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
East Coast Rewards tickets are only available for travel on their own trains (which wouldn't cover the Inverness - Aberdeen leg. I guess you knew that and were expecting to pay separately for that leg).

But at zero pounds for a London to Inverness return ticket (possible for two people and in first class), I can't agree that these are illustrative of poor Customer Service.

However, if you were to attempt to use the return leg of a London - Inverness Return by starting short at Edinburgh or Perth, then technically, you would be in breach of the terms of the ticket.

Even by booking a London - Perth 'rewards' return ticket you will cover a substantial part of your intended journey at no cost; with other ticket types to cover the journeys round the Highlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.