• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Midlands Trains - Depot Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

coolcoolcool

it was a "laid back grilling" haha they were nice but a lot of questions were asked!

the guy said they need a lot but didn't put a number on it

nick40uk

it was a "laid back grilling" haha they were nice but a lot of questions were asked!

the guy said they need a lot but didn't put a number on it

Sounds about right. The DM was struggling with one question. It got to the point where he turned to his colleague and said "You ask the rest. I can't talk anymore"

Makkaby

Passed Stage 1 Assessment, have a 'formal interview' next week.
I understand this is a Driver Managers interview......could this possibly incorporate some aspects of the MMI interview?

Nibs123abc

Just had the call from EMT, i passed stage 1!!!! Waiting for a date for a Managers interview. Really happy, i was totally convinced i'd messed it up!

rchta455

Well, it's formal interview time tomorrow. Having not had a proper interview in quite some time, it's fair to say I'm looking forward to getting it over and done with!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Passed. Now onto the 2nd assessment day. So near yet so far.....

cooper915

well done rchta455, when was you told.
think i messed up on the interview was a bag of nerves

rchta455

I got a phone call this morning mate. I didn't think it went that smoothly but you never know. Think positive :)

ilkoade

I still haven't heard anything since submitting the application :(

I gave them a call yesterday, i got a bit impatient having not heard myself. The lady said they have over 700 applications to look through and are aiming to let everyone know that hasn't heard anything of the outcome by the 16th Feb.

Hopkins92529

I gave them a call yesterday, i got a bit impatient having not heard myself. The lady said they have over 700 applications to look through and are aiming to let everyone know that hasn't heard anything of the outcome by the 16th Feb.

Cheers for that. I'll just be patient then :)

coolcoolcool

I got the same too. Is the formal interview part of the assessment process. By that I mean does it count towards your two goes? I keep finding contradictory information

nah it doesn't, I'm gonna email for some feedback later.

Nibs123abc

Well i got the phone call this week. I'm off for my formal interview on Monday and provisionally down for stage 2 tests on Thursday. Got a lot of cramming to do over the weekend....

I got the same too. Is the formal interview part of the assessment process. By that I mean does it count towards your two goes? I keep finding contradictory information

Same here, I know they they've got to whittle down x amount of applicants but reading that letter still sucked, question is what job do you look for if both your lives go? HGV Driving is the only one I can think of.

rchta455

Has anyone on here been given a start date? The advert originally said the recruitment was for a March intake but there are rumblings that may be full. My last letter mentioned a talent pool if successful. I hope not.....

Nibs123abc

Off for my formal interview today! If i'm successful, i've got Stage 2 tests on Thursday... Gulp

Nervous, but excited all at the same time. I'm so up for this. The process is moving very fast, from everthing i heard i thought it might take a long time to go through. Fingers crossed.....

rchta455

Good luck mate.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well, that was "interesting"....

Treadstone

Still waiting for my result letter on the paper sift. I had an email a couple of days ago telling me they were going to let people know by the end of February though. ;)

Had that email which was followed up by this one on the 17th

Dear Xxxxxx

2014-11: Depot Driver

I am pleased to inform you that after consideration of your application you have been shortlisted to proceed to stage one testing for the above role.

Currently we do not have any dates for 1st stage testing but anticipate this will be in Spring of this year. We will be in touch in the near future with an invite to your stage 1 testing session.

Thank you for your continued patience and congratulations on making the shortlist for testing.

Yours sincerely

The Recruitment Team
East Midlands Trains

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.