• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

Simon75

On Moderation
B1/B2 were partly subsidised by the council, but ultimately not profitable at all. The new council tend which EY are operating has a reduced frequency.

No need at all for any of 922-26 to get any refurb work done. 927/8/9 will get the Bridlington branding removed and just replaced with the Hull branding
Did East Yorkshire have depot in Beverley ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gledhill56

Not quite certain it's from strength to strength
  • The Beachcomber and P&R are seasonal reintroductions.
  • 45 is withdrawn
  • Beverley local services B1/B2 withdrawn with council operated replacements instead
  • The X46/47 is increased but mainly at the expense of 46 being cut back
More swings and roundabouts tbh
The Beverley local replacement services are to be operated by East Yorkshire not the council.

RELL6L

I think increasing the X46 to every 30 minutes is a positive. I know it is replacing existing routes between York and Market Weighton also Hull to Beverley but is a genuine increase between Market Weighton and Beverley. There's not many of those around at the moment!

Eyersey468

Established Member
I think increasing the X46 to every 30 minutes is a positive. I know it is replacing existing routes between York and Market Weighton also Hull to Beverley but is a genuine increase between Market Weighton and Beverley. There's not many of those around at the moment!
I agree, ever since I've worked at EY a lot of people have felt the x46/x47 needed to be half hourly especially during the summer. Yes it will mean the bus won't run past York uni any more but to be honest outside of peak times nobody gets on or off it round there anyway, all that's needed is one peak bus each way calling there

I agree, ever since I've worked at EY a lot of people have felt the x46/x47 needed to be half hourly especially during the summer. Yes it will mean the bus won't run past York uni any more but to be honest outside of peak times nobody gets on or off it round there anyway, all that's needed is one peak bus each way calling there
There’s a grand total of about 2 that get on/off at the uni - I’m one of them and the other’s my best mate. Sadly neither of us are contributing to the moneybox at EY as we’ve passes so it’s understandable that the uni link is being lost

Eyersey468

Established Member
There’s a grand total of about 2 that get on/off at the uni - I’m one of them and the other’s my best mate. Sadly neither of us are contributing to the moneybox at EY as we’ve passes so it’s understandable that the uni link is being lost
I do think they should keep one journey each way going that way to cater for the commuters, but it's understandable that the daytime journeys are going

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
The Beverley local replacement services are to be operated by East Yorkshire not the council.
Apologies - you're quite right
I think increasing the X46 to every 30 minutes is a positive. I know it is replacing existing routes between York and Market Weighton also Hull to Beverley but is a genuine increase between Market Weighton and Beverley. There's not many of those around at the moment
It is positive, which is to be applauded.

Just don't think it can quite be said that EYMS is going from strength to strength. It's a clever means of improving the main X46/7 but it's more balanced in the round

3RDGEN

EYMS are only interested in the school / college contracts; the service buses come a distant second. Taking buses off mid service for school runs is not unknown in the morning peak. Do they think paying passengers can't hear the radio messages?

The new changes for punctuality are just reducing the service frequency even more. Most routes get a better frequency off peak than they do in the peak; they just run the same number of buses but they are slower. 54 is half hourly all day then 35-40 in the peak, same for the 154.

Also were have the doubles gone? Nearly every route has some singles now, bar the 154. Why are some 56/57/63/66's single and then others doubles? I don't understand that.

Last edited by a moderator:

liamf656

EYMS are only interested in the school / college contracts the service buses come a distant second, taking buses off mid service for school runs is a not unknown in the morning peak. Do they think paying passengers can't hear the radio messages?

I think stranded school kids with no alternative outweighs a few angry commuters who can just get the next bus anyway. Decisions like that aren’t taken lightly but it’s obvious why it’s most logical

RM-Taylor

Also were have the doubles gone, nearly every route have some singles now, bar the 154, why are some 56/57/63/66's single and then others doubles? Don't understand that.
They’re all scheduled to run on a mix of single and doubles and always have been, example being the 66 with an original PVR of 7 vehicles, 6 being branded vehicles of which 4 are single deckers.

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
EYMS are only interested in the school / college contracts; the service buses come a distant second. Taking buses off mid service for school runs is not unknown in the morning peak. Do they think paying passengers can't hear the radio messages?

Of course an operator is going to prioritise a schools service. Stranded kids aren’t a good look.

The new changes for punctuality are just reducing the service frequency even more. Most routes get a better frequency off peak than they do in the peak; they just run the same number of buses but they are slower. 54 is half hourly all day then 35-40 in the peak, same for the 154.

Off-peak journey times are shorter, so the PVR can cover a slightly higher frequency.

Peak journey times are longer so the same PVR can’t support the same frequency. You either reduce the frequency or increase the PVR. And if operating conditions are already tough, then the frequency will reduce to the PVR and not the other way around.

RM-Taylor

Also worth noting that 920 and 921 are both in the body shop and being repainted soon, not confirmed yet but it’s rumoured both of these are going into EastRider to support the increase in PVR for X46/47 as previously this was 5 vehicles for its hourly service so one would presume it will be increasing to 10 for the half hourly service increase.

Eyersey468

Established Member
Volvo B9R 83 and 84 are going back onto NX for a few months until the 3 new coaches arrive at the end of the year to replace Volvo B11RT 8 and as additional vehicles for the new services

Also worth noting that 920 and 921 are both in the body shop and being repainted soon, not confirmed yet but it’s rumoured both of these are going into EastRider to support the increase in PVR for X46/47 as previously this was 5 vehicles for its hourly service so one would presume it will be increasing to 10 for the half hourly service increase.
920/1 are going into Eastrider branding.

733 is in body shop with 812 having been in body shop

Lynford1976

East Yorkshire to take over operation of local York service 12 from Transdev on the 3rd. April, using a new brand: "York Locals":

We're excited to announce that we'll be taking over the operation of the Service 12 from 3 April, under contract to City of York Council.
The service will run under a new brand called "York Locals", part of our wider brand, and will continue to operate on the same route between Foxwood Lane, Woodthorpe, York, Elmfield Avenue and Monks Cross, with only minor changes to the timetable.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoroAndy

East Yorkshire to take over operation of local York service 12 from Transdev on the 3rd. April, using a new brand: "York Locals":

Interesting..... So which vehicles are being used, old ones or bought in, new livery? Single/double deckers? Depot being used? Running dead to/from depot or timetabled as another service?

Ken H

On Moderation
Just got this

cover.jpg

Hull - York Leeds timetable
page 046-047.jpg

(Images are thumbnails - click for full size image)

When its all scanned it will go on Timetable World

Eyersey468

Established Member
Interesting..... So which vehicles are being used, old ones or bought in, new livery? Single/double deckers? Depot being used? Running dead to/from depot or timetabled as another service?
I believe Pocklington will run it. Word is one or 2 of the 19 plate E200s will move out of Scarborough for the service, what will replace them I don't know

Established Member
I believe Pocklington will run it. Word is one or 2 of the 19 plate E200s will move out of Scarborough for the service, what will replace them I don't know
Probably nothing given that a few of the Scarborough routes are being reduced from the 16th April

Scarborough​

Service 7 & 7A

These services will change to improve timekeeping.

Combined, buses will be up to every 10 minutes Saturday daytime.

Service 10

This service will change to improve timekeeping.

The daytime service will be revised to operate every 30 minutes between High Mill and Scarborough, with alternate journeys continuing to Cayton.

Service 11 & Service 20

These services will change to improve timekeeping.

Service will operate every hour, Monday through to Saturday daytime.

Holme on Spalding Moor​

NEW - Service 1

This brand new service will operate between Holme on Spalding Moor and Selby on Monday and Friday, with one journey in each direction.

JD2168

I would have thought that the E200MMCs coming off the Beverley locals would be ok for the 12 in York.

RM-Taylor

279/80 will get York locals branding and move to Pocklington (why oh why do EY do this, so 276-78 and then 281-83 will keep Scarborough sevens, so frustrating from an OCD point of view)

511 will get Hornsea locals branding

514 will move from Brid to Scarborough

Eyersey468

Established Member
My understanding is 514 is going to Pocklington for the new Holme on Spalding Moor to Selby service they have got

Delenn

Two very nice looking buses branded as "York locals" on show in York today. Looked like they'd always been there!

busesrusuk

What I assume was an unusual working was Tourismo 94 working on National Express service 561; certainly stood out amongst the usual procession of white coaches through central London yesterday. Seen here at Marble Arch heading north:

HTIOI

Last edited:

Hullian111

279/80 will get York locals branding and move to Pocklington (why oh why do EY do this, so 276-78 and then 281-83 will keep Scarborough sevens, so frustrating from an OCD point of view)

511 will get Hornsea locals branding

514 will move from Brid to Scarborough

Two very nice looking buses branded as "York locals" on show in York today. Looked like they'd always been there!
I do wish East Yorkshire could come up with something more original for non-EastRider services, the ‘Locals’ brand is starting to feel a tad bit overused.

Even if condensed down into a standard template now, Go North East is still keeping unique names and coloured brands like ‘Tyne Valley Ten’, ‘Country Ranger’, ‘Gold Arrow’ and ‘The Angel’ still kicking about; all we have are ’Locals’ and ‘EastRider’, the brilliant if blandly-named ‘East Yorkshire Coaster’ and whatever the hell Route 66 is now.

I get the idea of “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” and not blowing money on branding for every route, but I’d hoped we’d get a fancy 56/57 livery on takeover in 2018. Frankly, I’m now expecting ‘Hull Locals’ within the year!