• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EC onboard map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Chiltern must use the same wifi provider as i was watching 1H21 saturday whilst onboard. Nice!!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
currently 2mph near Doncaster S/Bnd
would open my big gob - 75.8mph near to Doncaster FC.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RolandR

pretty sure it's still using knots as the moment...will keep an eye on it

I'm sure it switched from kmph to mph mid-journey.

I missed it's arrival at Kings Cross but it had been running about 15 mins late due being caught behind a HT train and I think there problems at Retford.

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
More games being played today.
After a round trip to Leeds (0705 KGX down, 0945 up) we set off on what I think was the 1300 KGX to Edinburgh.
But somewhere between Peterborough and Doncaster the feed switched to Bounds Green depot (1430).
The speed generally seems OK now though.
Previous high readings couldn't have been km/h because the max would be 200 (=125mph) and we saw much higher readings than that.

Karl

On Moderation
It looks like there's just been another switch of signal to another different DVT?

The set spent last night on Bounds Green and worked the following services this morning. (Sorry I don't don't know the headcodes)

0705 King's Cross (KGX) - Leeds (LDS)
0945 Leeds (LDS) - King's Cross (KGX)
1300 King's Cross (KGX) - Edinburgh (EDB)......***

However at around 1425 and nearing York the signal from the GPS switched to coming from another set (82218 again?) currently sat on Bounds Green.

The plot thickens.....

Last edited:

andylloyd

En route on the 1E04.
4 mins down at the moment.
Is there a TSR in place south of Grantham where the works taking place?
We are doing a nice n tidy 124.7 at the moment.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yes also have it stationary at Bound Green and it's been there for more than a day now...

marks87

Established Member
I may be wrong, but I think andylloyd meant he's currently on 1E04, and hence that's what he'll be seeing on the map.

sprinterguy

Established Member
Seems to have been idle at Bounds Green all day Thursday.
Exam, or worse, I wonder?
With the number of reports of the location being displayed as stationary at Bounds Green (as it is currently doing so) is it not possible that the transmitting equipment has been removed from one set completely and is actually sat on a desk or in a corner at the depot?
Hmm, currently moving about within the depot at speeds ranging from 0.2mph to 0.9mph. That doesn't rule out the idea that it may be a bloke wandering around with the transmitter!

Bungle73

On Moderation
With the number of reports of the location being displayed as stationary at Bounds Green (as it is currently doing so) is it not possible that the transmitting equipment has been removed from one set completely and is actually sat on a desk or in a corner at the depot?
Hmm, currently moving about within the depot at speeds ranging from 0.2mph to 0.9mph. That doesn't rule out the idea that it may be a bloke wandering around with the transmitter!

Doesn't it have to be connected to a train to be powered?

Mainliner

I think I saw it moving at around 4-5mph at one point yesterday evening, so he must have been walking at a reasonably brisk pace ;) :lol:

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think I saw it moving at around 4-5mph at one point yesterday evening, so he must have been walking at a reasonably brisk pace

Well perhaps he was doing a bit of exercise :lol:

But in all seriousness I'm fairly sure it's still in a DVT, if you zoom in on satellite view it's pretty clear that the set is sat in a shed (with the DVT actually poking out the back).

Edit: Actually it's moved since I last looked and now seems to be sitting in a different shed which is long enough to hold the entire set.

Karl

On Moderation
We have action at last. 0830 Sunday, and she's just left Bounds Green and heading south through Alexandra Palace.

*EDIT* - And five minutes later she's moved back onto shed. It looks she's actually in the shed buildings now after being stabled outside all day yesterday.. At least we now know the GPS is still on the DVT.

.... and again now at 1820 she's on the move again.

Last edited:

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Action!

After a 5-day long weekend idling at Bounds Green, we are off oop north again.
Just left Doncaster on what seems to be the 0708 King's Cross to York.

Worked back from York on the 1001 to King's Cross and has now set off again on the 1308 York stopper.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Currently on Chiltern Railways watching the train progress through the countryside.

Attachments

• Wnex.jpg
    Wnex.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 40

RolandR

After several days rest we are seiing some action at last. After arriving back from York my guess was that it would be heading here to Leeds. That seems to be the case, leaving KGX at 19.03 arriving in Leeds at 21.20.

networkrail1

I believe you may be wrong as the 19:03 to Leeds does not stop at stevenage, yet our set just has.

I have done some digging and all times have been checked and double checked and our set matches up to 1B90 the 19:06 London kings cross to Lincoln central.

So that rules out our set being a 91 anymore, does anyone know where the wifi transmitter is on a class 43, as when it was in the shed at the cross it looked like the reading was coming from halfway up the train.

All the best.

Simon
Well here we go off to Lincoln central.

So at least we now know why she has been in bounds green so long, its because the wifi unit was being taken out of the 82 and put on a 43.

All the best.

Simon
100MPH i think that may be a tiny bit off as the limit down there is 75MPH unless the driver is speeding that is 0.o.

All the best.

Simon

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Currently showing 130mph on the Newark-Lincoln section, which is a 70mph line!

Where next after Lincoln? ECS to Neville Hill?

RolandR

Looks like I was a bit wrong, I just assumed that it could not be an HST. I was not tracking it for the past hour or so, but when it stopped at Stevenage I realised that it was probably the Lincoln service. Should be interesting to see where it goes next.

networkrail1

Wow that has to be some sort of record and crazy driver 106 MPH straight through Lincoln central railway station. 0.o

I dont think that driver is going to have a job for much longer.

All the best.

Simon
I would hazard a guess as because he is heading up the doncaster line, he will get back on the ECML and go to neville hill depot for the night.

All the best.

Simon
Well this looks interesting, on the map i am viewing the line just ends in about 3 mile ahead of the train whoops.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think that wi-fi transmitter on EC HST sets is located in the TRFB (or whatever the code for a buffet car is). THis would at least explain why it's been stationary for so long if its being moved from train to train! At least we should get some new interesting scenery out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.