• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ecclesbourne Valley Railway News & Updates

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Looking at the roster this week, the EVR seem to be pleasing all markets, which is quite impressive. They're offering Wirksworth-Duffield Holloway Road with a top and tailed train including a steam locomotive and a diesel locomotive and then running DMU's on the Ravenstor incline too. I'm possibly visiting tomorrow depending on how I feel when I wake up in the morning, so it will be interesting to see what this offering does for footfall. Hopefully those asking for DMU operations earlier in the thread are able to support the railway by visiting too.
I might see you tomorrow then as I'm on the Duffield train.

The Duke at Shottle earlier.IMG_20240223_120251689.jpg

Russel

Looking at the roster this week, the EVR seem to be pleasing all markets, which is quite impressive. They're offering Wirksworth-Duffield Holloway Road with a top and tailed train including a steam locomotive and a diesel locomotive and then running DMU's on the Ravenstor incline too. I'm possibly visiting tomorrow depending on how I feel when I wake up in the morning, so it will be interesting to see what this offering does for footfall. Hopefully those asking for DMU operations earlier in the thread are able to support the railway by visiting too.

Shame I'm busy this weekend, what DMU is planned to be used?

Established Member
Also on the LSL thread but LSL have put on a charter from Bristol for the 14s@60 event in July stopping at Duffield. Seems that on the Saturday of the event all 6 confirmed 14's will head a service.

Departing From​

• BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS,
  • BRISTOL PARKWAY,
  • CHELTENHAM SPA,
  • BIRMINGHAM NEW STREET
Starting from Bristol hauled by the Class 45 ‘Peak’ 45118, We make our way on their old stomping ground to our first set down at Duffield (around 10.30) to connect with the Ecclesbourne Valley Railways ‘14s@60’ event which celebrates the Diamond Jubilee of the class 14 Diesel Hydraulic Locomotives. With six of the class on operating over the 8-mile line from Duffield to Wirksworth with a late afternoon spectacular with all six locomotives at the head of one train. (Cost for entry to this event is included in the ticket price of this charter)
For those who don’t wish to attend the extravaganza we then carry on to Chesterfield where you can sample the delights of this lovely market town.
The charter then departs back in the early evening and picks up from Chesterfield & Duffield.

Established Member

m79900

Timetable for the twin peaks gala is now available (Thursday 11th - Saturday 13th April).

Similar to the gala last year with a generally 70 min frequency on the mainline and frequent Ravenstor shuttle but for both lines there now seems to be some freight workings in the mix. With the end of the roadworks in Matlock the bus times have shortened.

Some demo freight will be nice! I was looking forward to that last year, but it got replaced with the bubble, if I remember correctly.

Established Member
With a week to go until the Gala 69011 has been announced for Peak Rail.

Featuring​

Expected to feature so far (this list may be updated nearer to the event):
At the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
  • Class 14 D9537 "Eric"
  • Class 31 31601 "Devon Diesel Society"
  • Class 47 D1842
  • Class 73 73001
  • DMU
At Peak Rail
  • Class 25 D7659
  • Class 44 D8 "Penyghent"
  • Class 47 D1501
  • Class 69 69011 Courtesy of GBRf
  • DMU
The Heritage Bus Service
  • KNU 446 AEC Regal 1946
  • SFJ 904 Bedford SB Duple 1956
All locomotives provided subject to availability on the day.

tnxrail

31601 back on the roster, Rumour it's leaving the railway heared the same before, hope not.

duffield

Established Member
They’re currently working on moving the track over to the other side of the cutting. You can see progress on their facebook.
Wow! Someone's just bunged them £10K two days ago. Funding target achieved, excellent!

The Facebook page just says "huge donation" but the amount is on the Go Fund Me page, labelled "anonymous".

The_Train

Established Member
Wow! Someone's just bunged them £10K two days ago. Funding target achieved, excellent!

The Facebook page just says "huge donation" but the amount is on the Go Fund Me page, labelled "anonymous".
Even just as enthusiasts and users of heritage lines in general, we have to be so thankful that there are people out there willing to make such donations. I'll never not be amazed by the generosity that people can show