• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Emergency door release on class 700s

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
It isn't, I believe that if 2 doors next to each other on the same side are locked then the train gets taken out of service .
Normally you'd lock a coach out and be done but on 700s its not possible so the whole train is taken out.
As I said before the first class can be locked out but that is it. There is fire doors but they wouldn't be used in that scenario
It can be, but depends on the location of the faulty doors.

You can use the internal fire doors to lock of coaches 9-12, or 4-12.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Class2ldn

Yeah but I dont know anyone thats ever used them lol.
Cant say I've ever had 2 locked out on the same train especially next to each other but then knowing fleet and control they'd say just let it run anyway lol.

Fincra5

Established Member
Every door on the 700s has a Guards panel so the Driver could have just used his T key to open the panel and then again use his T key to activate the panel and then press the local door open button (the black button) on the panel which would just open that one door on the platform for passengers to alight.
I can tell you there are no "Local Doors" for guard operation on the outer few coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.