• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Class 360's

Ladder23

Established Member
When will the next moves be made through Luton? Yet to see one!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

On Moderation
Not now, no; but perhaps it could have been foreseen. Training has been delayed by the postponement of energisation, no-one can say it was unexpected.

Personally, I find this sort of thing disheartening. I really want investment in the industry, and more electrification, but when that actually happens the industry seems to be giving the impression that they find everything's difficult. Doesn't create the right climate, IMO.
And availability of the stock has been delayed by Bombardier’s inability to deliver their replacements on Greater Anglia.

Domh245

Established Member
I wonder if only having 1 pantograph on 8 car and 2 on 12 car will be permanent or only temporary. Never seen that before!

Given that traction power cannot be transferred between units, it's temporary. There is a restriction on the number of pantographs the 360s can use at the minute although my understanding is that this only applied North of Bedford, there was some discussion about this earlier in the thread - I think that in that post 116's pantograph was down as a result of it disgracing itself earlier in the day.

D_MTrains

Given that traction power cannot be transferred between units, it's temporary. There is a restriction on the number of pantographs the 360s can use at the minute although my understanding is that this only applied North of Bedford, there was some discussion about this earlier in the thread - I think that in that post 116's pantograph was down as a result of it disgracing itself earlier in the day.
Ah ok, thank you very much

Supercoss

Monday morning will see 8 car move Cricklewood - Kettering via Kentish Town or West Hampstead Thameslink ( no exit Northbound from Cricklewood)

-
Monday evening will see 8 car moved Clacton - Cricklewood

Domh245

Established Member
Monday morning will see 8 car move Cricklewood - Kettering via Kentish Town or West Hampstead Thameslink ( no exit Northbound from Cricklewood)

I thought there was a northbound exit, presume it is an operational restriction that prevents them using the northbound exit?

This RTT path even shows a northbound departure!

samuelmorris

Established Member
Yeah I've still been seeing plenty about on weekdays, though probably not quite as many as I used to. I can understand them scaling back the weekend diagrams now the extra 321s are here to cover.

OTRail

Established Member
I’m pretty sure it’s 8 with EMR now and 13 with GA? An additional two moved from Clacton to Cricklewood a few weeks back.
ah yes. Just looked at my own list and EMR do have 8.

Ladder23

Established Member
Everytime I check for moves along the MML they don’t work, any news as to what will run for the testing

OTRail

Everytime I check for moves along the MML they don’t work, any news as to what will run for the testing
They usually operate the midday runs, very rarely the early morning and evening runs. I can imagine 116’s failure last week and Tier 4 restrictions have been impacting this though.

Ladder23

Established Member
They usually operate the midday runs, very rarely the early morning and evening runs. I can imagine 116’s failure last week and Tier 4 restrictions have been impacting this though.
Thanks

Supercoss

Previously advised Pantograph restrictions withdrawn this morning following National Grid switching work at former Sundon feeder station

Class 170101

Established Member
Previously advised Pantograph restrictions withdrawn this morning following National Grid switching work at former Sundon feeder station

About those previous restictions; would they come back if one of the feeder stations was rendered unavailable in future due to damage etc?

OTRail

117 and 118 were on tonight’s move... 117’s also strangely had its white band reapplied from when it was partially taken off.

rebmcr

Established Member
So I take it 360s will be able to do 110mph where possible?
That's not necessarily related, speed restrictions tend to be about the mechanics of the wire, whereas number-of-trains restrictions tend to be about power capacity.

These 360s have been interesting because a no-middle-pantograph restriction can mean either or both situations.

OTRail

That's not necessarily related, speed restrictions tend to be about the mechanics of the wire, whereas number-of-trains restrictions tend to be about power capacity.

These 360s have been interesting because a no-middle-pantograph restriction can mean either or both situations.
The above post said restrictions had been lifted, so I assumed that meant speed as well, as the previous OHLE restrictions meant electric trains could only do 75mph on the new wires...