• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

End of the line for Paris’ iconic metro ticket

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ian99

I had 3 left over from about 5 years ago - one wouldn't work in the machine at Paris Nord, one did work, one remains un-tested... There was a manual ticket check at Montparnasse using little hand machines capable of checking validity of the paper ticket.

MichaelAMW

I haven't read everything here but just to say I bought a carnet of billets classiques from the buffet car on Eurostar the weekend before last. Apologies if someone has already mentioned they are still available via there.

Ian99

The Eurostar buffet was advertising that they had them last week but on asking, I was told that they no longer sold them.

island

Veteran Member
They haven’t been issued to resellers for some months now but individual outlets, or in this case trains, may still have stock. The tickets do not expire (and any RATP ticket office will replace tickets that become demagnetized assuming they are legible).

Thames99

A bit off topic maybe, but during the Olympic Games normal Navigo and presumably card tickets will not be valid. Special T+ tickets will be 4 Euros (more or less double the usual price) and other options all more than usual prices will apply. Only residents with annual passes etc. will be unaffected. Some details are in this article Edit: Incorrect information - please see comments below

Last edited:

island

Veteran Member
A bit off topic maybe, but during the Olympic Games normal Navigo and presumably card tickets will not be valid.
I don’t believe this is correct. There will be a price increase for tickets purchased during the period, but tickets purchased prior to the 20th of July will be valid as normal.