• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Epping-Ongar bve4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Seth said:
It's displayed on their website for crying out loud. :roll:

http://www.video125.co.uk/acatalog/Central.html

If you don't know the answer, it's best to keep yer trap shut.
Who said anything about it being a 'Video 125' one? It could be the one by '225 Studios'. http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/225studios

CENTRAL LINE – ONGAR TO WEST RUISLIP – vintage film from the mid 1990’s from Ongar to Epping then from Epping to West Ruislip. Beaneath the streets of the capital we shorten tunnel distances but show arriving in every tube station. Running time 67 mins £13.99

Met Driver

Established Member
Coxster said:
Who said anything about it being a 'Video 125' one? It could be the one by '225 Studios'. http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/225studios

Which once again proves my point! :roll: The year in which the 225 studios production was filmed is listed on their website too...

I admit my initial comment was a bit harsh, but it does annoy me when people don't research the content of their posts before pressing the 'submit' button!

Coxster

Established Member
Rich said:
I can't be elive no one through of this earlier, especially LondonBVE and the author. :confused: Anyway, well done Stoopid! ;)
You can hardly complain towards them when you didn't suggest it!

The Snap

Established Member
You said you wanted Epping to Ongar info when you were doing the project, but you just didn't look for that sort of thing on TubePrune. Anyway, forget what I said, LOL! At least now there is some info forthe author! :)

Hi all!

Oddly enough I never knew about this forum. Many thanks to Rich for telling me about the RailUK forum.

Anyways... I am rewriting Chris Roger's Epping-Ongar route for BVE 4. I am modelling the single branch as it were just before closure (some period between 1992-1994). You will start at Epping and take a 1938 tube stock (yes, its a 1938 ts unless someone is willing to make a full cab 1960 ts) to Ongar, calling at North Weald and Ongar. I am hoping to include several versions such as a rainy day version and a fog version.

Theres virtually no signalling on the branch as it is only operated by one train. The only signals on the branch are the station starter at Epping and a distant repeater just prior Ongar is reached.

At the moment, I have coded the Epping area. As I have exams coming up, I cannot promise when the route is ready. Whilst the Epping-Ongar route is in production, my fictional mainline route will be put on hold for the time being.

Here is a early WIP screenshot of the Epping area, as not all scenery is completed yet, please dont post comments saying that the starter/shunt signal is missing etc...

epping7ip.jpg

I hope that you all have an idea about whats is going on with the project. If you have any queries or comments, please fell free to post.

BTW... If anybody have any curve/gradient data or distances between stations, please let me know.

ChrisH

That does look very nice. Well done EB!

Look at that.. you get the route authors for both Epping - Ongar and the new JLE to join up in the same day! Bet you are all happy now! :laughing: :D

Tom B

Established Member
Nice shot! Though, what's the red thing on the left?

Cockfosters said:
Nice shot! Though, what's the red thing on the left?

If you mean the red thing at the end of the platform, its the old style "passengers must not pass this point... offenders will be prosecuted, blah blah blah" sign.

T

Tom

There was actually signalling across the branch, see the diagram above. Remove the loop and you've got the signalling almost perfect except the North Weald starter / homes.

Coxster

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
If you mean the red thing at the end of the platform, its the old style "passengers must not pass this point... offenders will be prosecuted, blah blah blah" sign.
I think he means the big read thing above the top-right corner of the signal.

Here is a few more early WIP screenshots...

epping9bc.jpg

Epping station

branch0vz.jpg

"we now climb onto the branch itself, past signal LW20... we are now in the depth of the countryside, with not a building in sight" (video 125)

country8pc.jpg

Into the Essex countryside, completely surrounded with trees. The distance marker post can be seen on the right. We now run on rusty tracks all the way to Ongar!

Tom B

Established Member
Nice shots there! Can definately recognise it from the video.

ikar

EmergencyBrake said:
Here is a few more early WIP screenshots...
branch0vz.jpg

"we now climb onto the branch itself, past signal LW20... we are now in the depth of the countryside, with not a building in sight" (video 125)

Think that you won't be able climb into the branch...

Tom B

Established Member
Nice! Though that curve could do with being smoothed, I presume that'sd for later :). Keep up the good work!

Just before I put aside BVE and start revising for my exams, I would like to show two more screenshots of the progress so far.

m11bridge6sz.jpg

Looking towards the M11 motorway bridge from the cab. (This time we ARE going somewhere at last ;))

graffiti4nq.jpg

A close up view of the bridge. This is the next to last overbridge Ongar trains will pass on its way to Ongar (The last one being after the old Blake Hall station). I have taken the liberty to spray the bridge with grafitti without the risk of being caught :D

jonb

Established Member
Looking very good EB - I live just down the road from Ongar and know the line well, although i've never seen graffiti on that bridge ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Nice work again - particularly for a first project :D! Looking forward to this one :).

jonb said:
Looking very good EB - I live just down the road from Ongar and know the line well, although i've never seen graffiti on that bridge ;)

I saw plenty of writings on the bridge on the DEV video; please bear in mind that is was back in the early 1990's, so it may have been cleaned up since then:toothy10: .

Today will probably be the last day that I am gonna touch the Ongar branch as my first exam is in two weeks time :sad:

Anyway, thanks for the nice comments so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.