• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EPS class 37/6 fleet questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightStar

Good Evening, I was just wondering if there was any truth to the rumor about EPS Class 37/601 and Class 37/612 being fitted for 100mph or atleast ran at 100mph? I remember reading somewhere on the web that these two units were different from the other 10 EPS 37/6 locos for speed gearing and for non fitment of some equipment the others got?

Second, Which of the 12 EPS units had so called tunnel lights fitted to the front?

Robert

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NightStar

I want to bump this post. I am hoping we can discover which units had tunnel lights fitted?

So far I have identified the following as having tunnel lights,

I wonder how many more of the class had the tunnel running lights fitted?

Robert

Last edited:

USRailFan

Good Evening, I was just wondering if there was any truth to the rumor about EPS Class 37/601 and Class 37/612 being fitted for 100mph or atleast ran at 100mph? I remember reading somewhere on the web that these two units were different from the other 10 EPS 37/6 locos for speed gearing and for non fitment of some equipment the others got?

Second, Which of the 12 EPS units had so called tunnel lights fitted to the front?

Robert

I've seen it claimed that some Western Region Class 37s were 100mph capable (Deltic/Class 50 bogies fitted?), but never the EPS ones...

sprinterguy

Established Member
I want to bump this post. I am hoping we can discover which units had tunnel lights fitted?

So far I have identified the following as having tunnel lights,

I wonder how many more of the class had the tunnel running lights fitted?

Robert
As far as I know, those were the only three fitted with the tunnel lights. The remainder of the class 37/6 sub-class had moved to Direct Rail Services (37607 - 612 in 1997, 37602/605/606 following in 2002) before the modification was made to the remaining EPS machines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.