• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Eurostar e320

Status
Not open for further replies.

whhistle

On Moderation
^ I was going to say that.

Nice livery though I would have preferred it to be a little more navy than blue. Will have to check when they are operating and book a weekend in Paris.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rick1984

Have to say I preferred mock up. Hope the competition lowers the prices as I'd choose the train over flying.

Skimble19

Established Member
Must admit from those shots I prefer the mock up livery, but I'll reserve full judgment until I've seen a picture of a full car or set.

bronzeonion

Hate the look of those European high speed trains, just look like overweight sausauges! Not looking forward to the introduction of these.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Any wider shots? Looks like it might not be so blue beyond the leading car?

starrymarkb

Established Member
Hate the look of those European high speed trains, just look like overweight sausauges! Not looking forward to the introduction of these.

Isn't that as a result of Aerodynamics at their operating speeds. Mind you the Japanese prefer duck bills (as do Talgo)

512px-ExpressE4.JPG

720px-Shinkansen_C0892.jpg

512px-Talgo_350.jpg

Established Member
German trains on the UK network = ugly.

Mind you, I'm looking forward to competition in the tunnel.

Attachments

• X12.jpg
    X12.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 84

the sniper

Established Member
Has there been any suggestion as to when we might see a Class 373 in this livery? I'm hoping TGV might know if nobody else does. ;)

fgwrich

Established Member
Has there been any suggestion as to when we might see a Class 373 in this livery? I'm hoping TGV might know if nobody else does. ;)

This should be Eurostars new livery, as the E320s are to represent and show the new Eurostar. So the current 373 Sets should also be receiving similar interiors when they come out of refurbishment - That's the way i understand it anyway.

As for the liveries though, i think i'll stay sitting on the fence on that one. I loved the new E320 Prototype version with it's sleek dark blue / black band sweeping up from the front on an otherwise largely off white bodyshell, but it still had quite a sizeable proportion of off white on the bodyside. This seems to have been cancelled out on the newer version with the light grey band and a larger proportion of the blue, which also looks good (not so much around the doors i think).

But, it's a good new livery and im looking forward to seeing it rolled out throught the fleet - and will be good to see the slightly scruffy / weatherworn 373s repainted into it...But i do love the sleek look of this though.

5059410965_83a70152fd.jpg

Speaking of the Velaro's Sleek Design - is anyone any good at Photoshopping? Im just curious to see what a VT liveried Velaro would look like with their curvy livery.

the sniper

Established Member
This should be Eurostars new livery, as the E320s are to represent and show the new Eurostar. So the current 373 Sets should also be receiving similar interiors when they come out of refurbishment - That's the way i understand it anyway.

Indeed, I know. That's why I asked when we'll see a 373 in this livery. I.e. when will the first 373 be back from refurbishment? :)

fgwrich

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.