FCC Twitter train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telcontar

westcoaster's sig pic reminded me of First Capital Connect's Twitter page – it still has, as its background, a somewhat odd train. There's no motive power source so far as I can tell, and I don't recognise it. It looks like Picasso's attempt at a 185, but it's in FCC livery, not FTPE.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
The livery is of a 377, but the front of the train - who knows? They probably didn't want to add clutter when they drew it so it explains the simple underbody/no pantograph/no overhead lines/no signals/etc ;)

Class377/5

Established Member
It's a internal mock up they use. It's a 377 without the gangway. And another version has a 365 end on the other side!

I saw a 7 bogie version on some internal documents before now!

sprinterguy

Established Member
It looks remarkably like a 170 to me, down to window layout even if the prescence of hopper vents would be unprototypical. Not that it really matters, they just need a generic train for their twitter page and nobody else would be any the wiser.

Transpennine Express, possibly in Arriva days, committed a bit of a faux pas with the train that was depicted at the foot of many of their posters at the time: It was a three carriage 158, but made up entirely of driving carriages, and all three of them were facing in the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.